In some scenarios, The CSR is generated from CloudPath for a Wildcard Certificate and We use the same Wildcard Certificate for both CloudPath and SmartZone.
In such a situation Certificate import on CloudPath is done with a "Private key source" using the option "Certificate is based on downloaded CSR"
In order to use the same Wildcard Certificate on the SmartZone or etc. We need the Private Key to create the certificate .pem file.
- SSH into Cloudpath using the Credentials cpn_service
- Type 'console' and get to the Linux prompt.
- Then 'sudo su' to elevate to root access
- Location to find the files
- To open the file
- Cat /etc/pki/tls/cert/certificate.cer (the public key)
- Cat /etc/pki/tls/cert/ca_intermediate.cer (the chain Root/Intermediates for the webserver cert)
- Cat /etc/pki/tls/private/certificate.key (the private key)
- We can copy the text from the shell and save it in a notepad in .pem or .key format to reuse.