In this community article, we will look at the steps involved in setting up Guest Portal authentication via Social Media Login, in this case via LinkedIn.
How is this different from traditional Guest Access authentication methods?
- This method is designed for authenticating guest users logging in through the captive portal with their Social Media Accounts, such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Note: Guests must re-authenticate after the session ends.
- SmartZone/Virtual SmartZone [Essentials/High-Scale] (Controller), version 6.1. 0.0.935.
- R610 (Access Point)
- In the vSZ/SZ GUI, navigate to ‘Security – Authentication’ and select ‘Non-Proxy (Social Login).
- Select your AP zone from the left-hand side menu and click on the ‘Create’ button.
- Provide a name for your ‘Social Media Login Profile’. In this example, this is called ‘RuckusLinkedin’.
- Select the click ‘here’ button to generate your LinkedIn Client ID and LinkedIn Secret.
- This action will redirect you to your LinkedIn Developers account, which you will need to create your custom app. The URL is https://www.linkedin.com/developers/login.
- Once authenticated to your LinkedIn account, please select the ‘Create App’ button under the ‘My Apps’ menu.
- The first step to creating your own app is to provide an ‘App name*’ as shown in the image below. In this example, this is named ‘RuckusLinkedIn’.
- Next, select a “LinkedIn Page*” associated with your organization. In this test case, this is ‘Ruckus Networks’.
- Next, we can upload a custom logo as required in the ‘App logo*’ section of the same page.
- Use the ‘Upload a logo’ button.
- Accept the ‘Legal Agreement’ and then click on the ‘Create App’ button.
- The created app is now visible as seen below. Click on the ‘Verify’ button to complete the App verification process.
- In the next window, click on the ‘Generate URL’ button under the ‘Verification URL’ tab.
- Click on the ‘I’m done’ button in the next window to complete the verification.
- Select the ‘Auth’ tab and add the ‘Redirect URL’ for LinkedIn under the ‘Authorized redirect URLs for your app’ section.
- The redirect URL for LinkedIn is ‘https://ap.ruckus.com:9998/linkedinHandler’.
- Click on ‘Update’ to complete this configuration.
- Select the ‘Products’ tab and select the ‘Sign In with Linkedin’ product.
- Complete this step by accepting the ‘Legal Agreement‘ and finish by clicking the ‘Add product’ button as shown below.
- The ‘Added Product’ is now visible in the ‘Added Products’ section as shown below.
- Select the ‘Auth’ tab and copy the ‘Client ID’ and ‘Client Secret’.
- Input the copied ‘Client ID’ and ‘Client Secret’ onto the ‘Social Auth Options’ in the SZ/vSZ GUI.
- Add the following domains to the list of the ‘Whitelisted Domain’ in the ‘Create Social Media Login Profile’.
- Next step is to create a ‘Guest Access’ portal under for our Guest users, under Services.
- In this example, this is named “Guest_portal_123”. Click ‘Ok’ to save the Guest Access portal configuration.
- Next, create the concerned ‘Guest Access’ WLAN for our Guest users.
- In this example, the WLAN is named ‘Guest_Access_123’.
- Select the following parameter for Authentication Options - Guest Access.
- Select the required ‘Encryption Options’. In this example, WPA2 & Passphrase is deployed.
- Under ‘Guest Access Portal’ section in the ‘Create WLAN Configuration’ window select ‘Guest Access/Social Media Login’ and assign the ‘Social Media profile’ and ‘Guest Portal Service’ previously configured.
- For this example, all other settings including VLAN assignment for end-user devices are set to the default values.
- Now, click ‘OK’.
Sample of client login page: