In this community article, we will look at the steps involved in generating CSR and updating certificate on Cloudpath ES from GUI.
Login to the Cloudpath ES web UI.
Step 1: Browse Administration>>>System Services
under Web server>>>Select Upload WWW Certificate
Step 2: Select Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and click Next
Step 3: Fill in all the details and click Next.
- Comman Name: should match with the fqdn name of the CP.
- Organization: Name of Organization.
- Email Address: e-mail id of requester from the Organization.
- Locality, State, Country: As per the installed location.
- Rest of settings can be used as default.
Step 4: Download the CSR now with Download CST tab.
NOTE: Submit the CSR with a public CA and request for certificates in PEM format(preferably).
Step 5: Once certificate is available, make all the cert files ready for upload.
(If you are on Step 4 Tab, then select Upload Certificate)
(If you are on back on System Services Tab, perform Step 1 and then select Upload the WWW certificate and Click Next)
Step 6: Upload all the required files in correct format.
- Public Key (PEM) - Upload web server certificate received by CA in PEM format
- Chain (PEM or p7b) - Upload Root CA in PEM or p7b
- Additional Chain - Upload Intermediate CA in PEM
- Additional Chain - Upload Intermediate CA if chain have more than 3 certificate in PEM.
- Private Key Source - If certificate received was raised with the CSR from Cloudpath, select Certificate is based on CSR.
- Private Key Source - If certificate received was raised without a CSR from Cloudpath, select Upload Private Key.
- Private Key (PEM) - Upload Private key in PEM
- Private Key Password - If private key is password protected, enter password here, if not protected ignore.
Click Next to proceed further.
Step 7: Cert is uploaded and system is restarting web service, once web service restarts it will redirect you to Administrator page.
NOTE: In case the GUI access is lost follow this article to recover web access https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000010915
Staff Technical Support Engineer
CCNA RnS | CCNA Wireless | RASZA | Meraki CMNO | RACPA