cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't console into icx7150-c12p via usb type c

Miketallica
New Contributor

Hopefully someone has found a fix for my issue and I just haven't found it on the forums,

Home was built by lennar in 2018 has n R510 AP and icx 7150 c12p switch, been working fine since until two days ago power surge hit the neighborhood and when i was waiting on everything to boot back up the syst light is stuck on amber and when i try to console in via usb type c i cant detect the switch. Not even the little "bing" when plugging in a usb cable to the pc.I installed the CP210x drivers but still nothing is recognized on the pc. Also tried the reset process on the switch and nothing has changed. Read and re-read the detailed forum post on how to console in. Was able to ssh into it using putty once before to update image so it is visible in the unleashed app once before.

If it matter pc is Win 11 build 22621

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Miketallica 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As you are getting a "host 192.168.0.2 is not alive" error.

Are you turning off the Windows firewall? If not, please turn off the Windows firewall and retry the software recovery process once again.

Please refer to the below link on how to turn off the Windows firewall:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-microsoft-defender-firewall-on-or-off-ec0844f7-aebd...

When you turn off the firewall, please close the putty and restart it once again, restart the software recovery process from setenv IP configuration.

Please let me know if you are stuck at any point in the software recovery process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Miketallica
New Contributor

Any help would be much appreciated. I took the switch to a a network professional and they too were unable to console in. The pc being used does not recognize a connection when plugged in to a usb port using usb-c to usb-a cable.

Hi @Miketallica 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, after a power surge and there is an Amber light on SYST.

As you mentioned there is an Amber light on SYST, if there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch (as it is in the below picture). Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Basically, due to the power outage/ power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly. 

Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:

As you mentioned that you tried resetting, once again we will try to reset the Switch as described below and in VIDEO:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF THE RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES (Like 10-15 times) AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. As we have seen it working sometimes after trying multiple times in many cases. If the reset with a paperclip works, the SYST and PWR lights should turn GREEN.

IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and needs to re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please note, we must use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Well I performed the reset sequence 16 times, just for good measure,and allowed for about 3 minutes I between reset cycles however it’s gotten a little late for me and I’ll have to try the software recover process tomorrow since it doesn’t appear that resetting the switch multiple times has resolved the issue

Hi @Miketallica 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

Yes, if resetting with a paper clip doesn’t work, we must have to perform the software recovery process for the Switch.

Please perform software recovery once again and share the screenshots if you are getting any errors or are stuck at any point in the software recovery process.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi