My home is equipped with Lennar Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P and two APs. It was staying without any connection for a long period of time. Two years since we bought the house, I got a cable internet and was trying to connect Ruckus system to a router. It did not show any life even with trying several different setups and reloading (shutting off and on) the systems. After resetting my Switchboard, I gain access to each of two APs, but they do not see each other and cannot work with each other to extend the Wi-Fi network for the whole house. It seems that they are connecting to my router and providing internet access, but the connection is not stable. Moreover, I still cannot connect to the Switchboard. I see it in the network as "pending". Entering standard logins don't give me access. Can you provide a suggestions to what to do?
Currently, the optimal choice would involve uploading the correct image (SPS08090d.bin). However, given that you will be carrying out this task, I would strongly recommend upgrading to the 8095g image (SPS08095g.bin) for the best outcome.
Please follow the below steps explaining the Upgrade process. The recommended stable version is 8095g (08.0.95g)
>The Upgrade path would be: (your current version) to 8095g (Please use the version that says UFI example: SPS08095gufi.bin)
(PLEASE NOTE: Use 08095g patch in place of 80xx as explained in the guide)
Below are the options or methods to perform the Upgrade on the switch: You could choose any one of these.
1st Option:In this option, we will use a pen drive or USB flash drive in which we move the files to the pen drive and connect it to the Switch then through CLI we execute the commands to upgrade the Switch using the following guide as a reference:
How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive
The following guide is an example of an upgrade via TFTP server, by using an application (FREE) to send files or upload remote files to a device, in our case, we will use it to update a new version to the Switch, basically it will send the image version remotely from the computer to the switch.
Greetings!!! Thank you for the response and the update.
Please make sure to follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new Wi-Fi Network/ SSID.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.
As you have 2 R510 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any ONE Access Point, and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point.
After that, Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?
1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue? 2. When did you notice the problem? 3. Could you please share a screenshot where you are seeing that "pending status" to understand better? 4. How are the lights on the APs (box in the ceiling), green, amber, red, flashing, or static?
Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.
Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.
Thank you for finding time to reply to my post. I ultimate goal is to connect two APs into one Wi-Fi network. While reading the instructions, I learned that after setting up one AP, the second AP should find it and connect itself to broadcast the same. I was able to set up the master AP using Android Unleashed app, but the second AP does not see the existing network. I need help with that.
So the answers to your questions:
1. I cannot confirm that it was working before. I purchased the new Lennar house with this system installed already. I did not connect the internet for about two years. Quite disappointing fact that new developments do not have internet communication cables laid right away. Therefore I had to use 5G networks for my home internet. So Ruckus system was powered and not connected to the internet and I was not monitoring it at all. Currently it is set up exactly as it shows in the picture here. There were several power outages during winter season.
2. I noticed the problem when I connected the internet to the ICX switchboard and was trying to set up the Wi-Fi.
3. I will need some time to send the screenshot. However the "pending" status appears in my Unleashed application in my Android phone where I can see all devises connected to the network.
4. The master AP has 4 solid green lights. The "slave" AP is currently off. But when I power it up (connect it to the switchboard), it has two green lights. One is solid and another one is blinking. This AP distributes "Configure.me-......" network.
Additional notes: the master AP is setup with my Wi-Fi network but it is not stable is either does not have internet or the internet is slow.
Here are the screenshots.
1-st AP (Master) lights appear like this:
2-nd AP (Slave) light appear this way:
Screenshot of the ICX in "pending" status in my Android app:
Thank you for all the information you have provided so far.
From the screenshots you provided, Seems like you are presetting the routing code issue
We have 2 ways to access to the Switch 1- In a logical way via Ip address (Ip address are logical addresses given by the local router) so we would have to track which IP is that of the Switch (that is using) or 2- via console access with a Type C cable
1-This guide show you how to track the IP address of the Switch:
How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications
2-Once you are log in you can follow up the Routing code guides to fix the issue that are on the step ‘3’ After fixing this problem, the second AP would be able to join the unleashed network, please keep me posted
This did not work. I think I may have more trouble that your regular troubleshooting can suggest. I went through the processes of restoring the password, booting from primary, booting from secondary, copying flesh from secondary to primary..... Every time I reboot, it shows the came.
It tries to boot from the primary, realizes that there is not good image, then checks the secondary, loads from secondary successfully (sort of), fails to see my password credentials, fails to register the IP address, fails to connect my two APs....