cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Connect To The Ruckus Unleashed User Interface if Username and Password is Lost?

Ruckus_Rookie
New Contributor II

Hi Forum,

Problem: I have a Lennar SmartHome and the Amazon tech who set up our RUCKUS wireless network did not leave an Administrator username or password, therefore I am unable to connect to or administrate the network. Note: The Unleashed network is up and running with no issues.

Task: I need to reset the Admin Username and Password; How do I connect to the User Interface (UI or Dashboard) if I am unable to log into the network?

My Network: Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch; (2) RUCKUS 510 Access Points, IP modem; wireless router.

I've Watched: The frequently recommended RUCKUS Networks Education YouTube video (below) "Password Recovery with the Unleashed User Interface." While RUCKUS thoroughly explains "How to configure password recovery," and from there I can see where I can also configure the Administrator, the video doesn't explain how to connect to the User Interface if you don't have the Username & password. (Ex. Laptop -> Cable -> Console Port?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Additional Info: 1) I have a laptop and an Ethernet cable with RJ-5 connectors and also a Type-C USB cable. 2) I am aware of the Type-C USB and RJ-45 console ports on the Port-side of the ICX 7150-C12P.

Next Step: ?????

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Ruckus_Rookie 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in accessing the RUCKUS Unleashed system.

Please note console ports are used to get the CLI access to the Switch and NOT the GUI (Graphical User Interface).

As you want to access the Unleashed system, please log in to your Unleashed system on a LAPTOP WEB BROWSER using the Master AP IP Address OR https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/ 

Please make sure you are connected to the RUCKUS Wi-Fi Network to access the same.

If you can’t access using the above link and don’t know the IP Address of the Access Points. Please refer to the below guide to find the IP Address of the Access Point to get the requested information.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

You should see the below-unleashed dashboard after finding the IP Address of the AP. Try to log in.

As you don’t know the username/password for the login, could you please try with the default credentials provided in the below:

These usernames and passwords are key sensitive, please use capital letters where necessary

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

Hi Imran,

Thank you so much for the prompt response!

I tried one of your recommended Username/Password combinations and.... BAM - I'm in!!!

Thank you again for your help and all the great information. Now I'm ready to get Unleashed!!

Please mark this post as RESOLVED.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ruckus_Rookie
New Contributor II

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Port-side View.jpg

Hi @Ruckus_Rookie 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in accessing the RUCKUS Unleashed system.

Please note console ports are used to get the CLI access to the Switch and NOT the GUI (Graphical User Interface).

As you want to access the Unleashed system, please log in to your Unleashed system on a LAPTOP WEB BROWSER using the Master AP IP Address OR https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/ 

Please make sure you are connected to the RUCKUS Wi-Fi Network to access the same.

If you can’t access using the above link and don’t know the IP Address of the Access Points. Please refer to the below guide to find the IP Address of the Access Point to get the requested information.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

You should see the below-unleashed dashboard after finding the IP Address of the AP. Try to log in.

As you don’t know the username/password for the login, could you please try with the default credentials provided in the below:

These usernames and passwords are key sensitive, please use capital letters where necessary

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

Thank you so much for the prompt response!

I tried one of your recommended Username/Password combinations and.... BAM - I'm in!!!

Thank you again for your help and all the great information. Now I'm ready to get Unleashed!!

Please mark this post as RESOLVED.

Hi @Ruckus_Rookie 

Thank you for the response.

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi