cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus AIR light does not show or blink - Other Lights show

Ant
New Contributor

After a power outage, my Ruckus router AIR light is not blinking and nor not on.  The other lights from the router are on.  I have tried numerous attempts to unplug, reset and even disconnect the router from the wall and connect it again.  I cannot access my network name that was created for the access point, but i can access the Frontier router.  How can I reconnect to my old router name?  I am having trouble accessing unleashed as well.

I have a Ruckus R320 Series Unleashed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ant 

Please try to access the switch via console using the below guide and share the output of the following commands.

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

enable

Show flash

Show version

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

Ant
New Contributor

all those passwords didn't work

see the below pic please.  this is from my internet provider and it can see the switch i think.  What do I do from here if  it's relevant?

Ant
New Contributor

Ant_0-1692200540476.png

Hi @Ant 

Thanks for your response.

Please share the screenshot of the image showing the COM connections by going into the device manager.

Also if the default credentials doesn't work please perform the password recovery process. Here I share the guide on how to perform password recovery process.

Short Guide for password recovery : 

https://support.purdi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360016495292-Ruckus-ICX-Password-Recovery-Resetting-a-Sw...

Video link as reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS28DWbHM4

1.Start a CLI session over the serial ( console access) interface to the RUCKUS ICX device.

2-Enter OS mode. This uses a key combination and drops below the fastiron operating system

Key Combination: Ctrl+y, release, tap 'm', tap 'Enter'

OS>

4-just write reset

OS>reset

5-.While the system is booting, before the initial system prompt appears,
enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.

Enter 'b' to stop at boot monitor: 0

In this Part you have to press B before the counter ends

6-Enter no password. (You cannot abbreviate this command.)

ICX7650-Boot> no password
00 00 00 00
OK! Skip password check when the system is up.

7-Enter boot. This command causes the device to bypass the system password
check.

ICX7650-Boot> boot

8-After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.

device> enabledevice# configure terminal
device(config)# username USERNAME password PASSWORD

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Ant
New Contributor

I was not able to figure this out nor was an IT person.  I have solved it by bypassing the switch by connecting a POE Injector adapter and works just as fine as the IP address switch has.  This has been an inconveniece for Lennar to pass on customers to a community page where this has taken time off of my work and time.  The switch to me is now a piece of worthless junk.  Thank you for trying but i wished someone w/that expertise would come out here or at least go on our computer or the very least call us and walk us through this.

Hi @Ant 

Greetings!!!

Truly Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Let me help you here after.

Could you please connect your Switch and ISP (Internet Service Provider)? And please let me know once you find out the Switch IP Address.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.