cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi network with Ruckus not showing up

cpphan
New Contributor

My Ruckus extended wifi network hasn't been working for several months and I'm just finally getting around to trying to get it resolved. I have internet through AT&T and initially, all the wifi was down and their support said the issue came from the Ruckus extender, so after we unplugged it the issue was resolved.

However, now I have the Ruckus plugged back in, but the wifi network isn't showing up. I've tried to factory reset the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P in order to try to get the Configure network to show up, but that doesn't show up either.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

7 REPLIES 7

Jayavidhya

Hi @cpphan 

Greetings of the day,

Please let us know the LED status of the switch and the access points using the below guide.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

RUCKUS LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

Also please share the image of the switch and the access points showing the cable connections and the LED status.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know how many access points are connected to the switch.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

cpphan
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for the follow-up info. So actually, I was able to get the Ruckus connected properly and the extended Ruckus network shows up for me now. However, when I'm connected to the extended network, it shows that I have strong network and am connecting, but I have trouble loading a lot of websites. This is the case on my desktop as well as on my phone when I try to browse the internet or load/use some of my apps.

On my web browser, when I go to websites, it takes a really long time to initially load up a website (even though wifi speed check shows that i'm getting speeds of 400+mbps for download). However, when I switch back to the main internet network that isn't the Ruckus network, all the websites and content loads back up immediately.

Have you come across this before? What's causing this issue?

Hi @cpphan 

Thanks for your detailed description,

Please confirm if the issue is happening while it is connected to access points or when it is connected to ISP router. 

Please follow out the next steps.

1. Connect the computer to the ISP router with the ethernet cable. Run the speed test, and confirm if your speed is stable and search for websites,  make sure you have no issues.

2. You can perform the same step on wireless by connecting the computer to the Wi-Fi / SSID coming from the ISP router. (Note: Not the Wi-Fi coming from the access points.)

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

cpphan
New Contributor

When I connect to the extended wifi network, i was able to confirm that the wifi connection is stable and fast. I did a screen recording of a very common scenario I run into when connected to this network just to show you.

https://www.loom.com/share/6d701aebf59c40f683097cd43d7a95fc