cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New non-wifi cable modem install & Ruckus ICX7150 & AP internet connectivity issues

DogRouter
New Contributor

I am trying to replace my old Motorola SBG6580 Surfboard Wireless Cable Modem Gateway as it is old and I suspect may be the cause of long latency on internet queries.

I tried installing a cable modem only (no-wifi) a Arris Surfboard SB8200v3.

I cannot get any wi-fi once connected to the Ruckus ICX7150 router with the ethernet cables between the cable modem and and the ruckus router, using the R510 AP, only can access computers via the ruckus router to each other, but no internet.

Do I need to install a cable modem that has wi-fi ?, (i.e. is wifi built into the cable modem) or does the  ruckus 510 ap? and/or the 7150 router have wifi built into them?

Does the router and ap need to access wifi via the cable modem?

I reinstalled the old Motorola modem and got it working again (wifi that is).

Or do I need to access the ruckus router url main page to configure it somehow?

If I install a wi-fi cable modem instead do I need to factory reset the ruckus router and reconfigure for the new cable modem?

btw, Thanks in advance for a answer as I am not going to search through 594 pages in this forum for a previous answer to wi-fi issues,  a short search during this post on subject line did not return any posts.

Thanks

Russ

10 REPLIES 10

Hello @DogRouter ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the response.

We are glad to know that you were able to reset the AP and the issue is resolved.

And, replying to the above question: Yes, an Access Point (AP) is  a Wi-Fi broadcast unit. It acts as a device that allows wireless devices (like smartphones, laptops, tablets) to connect to a wired network using Wi-Fi technology.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

okay so the AP unit is the wi-fi radio

AP unit did not need reseting when used with my old modem setup.

Looks like a cable modem without wi-fi will work after configuration then.

I'll need a links to the 510 AP manual and the ICX-7150-C12P ruckus router

I'll need (which will probably be in manual) url/IP address for the Lennar AP configuration page to check out configuration of the Lennar wi-fi/AP unit.

Do you recommend any particular newer model for eventual replacement of the ruckus router as it is getting quite old and probably not supported for software upgrades.

Hello @DogRouter ,

Thank you for the response.

You may upgrade the version of the Switch firmware as we suggest the same device for the Lennar Home users.

May i also please know if you have performed factory reset on APs as mentioned in the previous post?

Also, before we can help, we need to check which version the Switch is  currently running.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily.

How to find the IP Address of the RUCKUS Devices (Switch and APs) using IP Scanner free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line”

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command

enable

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Finally figured out how to get safari to log into the ruckus configuration logon page. see attached pictures to see IP address and Rukus system version currently installed.

IP reboot/reset was done, but did not see the "configuration.me" wifi connection EVER, just reloaded into the Lennar wifi currently assigned.

DogRouter

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 4.05.11 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-10-15 at 4.05.30 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-10-15 at 4.13.22 PM.png