cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of power for days now APs are not connecting after reset

Sky434
New Contributor

We lost power at our home for 8 days due to a hurricane. I reset the APs and reconnected them to the system, but when the app asked me to connect to "Ruckus-Unkleashed" wi-fi, I couldn't remember the password and couldn't access them to see what the issue was. They allowed me to set them up, but no wifi to them. The system has changed since the first time I set these up (3 years ago) when we changed internet providers and I am lost in the wind. I have looked for videos and online information to solve this problem but now I am just stumped. Please help!

11 REPLIES 11

pinky_ruckus

Hello @Sky434 ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are facing slow or intermittent connectivity issues after the power outage and unable to login to the Unleashed app.

To assist you further, I would require few configurations from your Switch.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily.

How to find the IP Address of the RUCKUS Devices (Switch and APs) using IP Scanner free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line”

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command

enable

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thanks. I will use these and let you know if they work for me. 

I get to this spot and this is where I have tried all passwords that I created and even those in other posts like username- super or admin and password- sp-admin, Ruckus, Ruckus!, ruckus and a few others. Nothing has allowed me to get past this point. What else can I try? Resetting the system again?

Screenshot 2024-08-14 204154.png

Hello @Sky434 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for the response.

From the response you shared, I understand that you are unable to login to the Switch through web browser with your login credentials.

Also, you have tried with the default credentials combinations too.

We do not need any login credentials to access CLI using the Telnet option. If Telnet is enabled on the Switch it can be accessed directly using an IP Address of the Switch.

Once you identify the Ip address of the Switch using the article I shared in the previous post, you can try accessing CLI using the Telnet option.

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command

enable

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.