cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 UBIFS Error

chris_marquez_k
New Contributor III

I've searched for this issue I am having on the board and it seems a few others have run into the same problem, but I don't know how to get support for myself so I'll reiterate quickly here.

Woke up after power outage and internet was out; no lights observed on the APs. SYST light on the switch was flashing green. I unplugged the switch and plugged it back in and no change. I then performed a hard reset as per the instructions on the forum and looked at the output from the console using PuTTY. Error is given below:

Starting kernel ...

booting with 4.4 kernel
NAND Type: Micron NAND 2GiB (x 1)
PLATFORM MN
dd cmd: UBI
ubi0 error: ubi_io_read: error -74 (ECC error) while reading 1040384 bytes from PEB 327:8192, read 1040384 bytes
UBIFS error (ubi0:0 pid 565): ubifs_recover_leb: corruption -3
UBIFS error (ubi0:0 pid 565): ubifs_check_node: bad node length 8389680
UBIFS error (ubi0:0 pid 565): ubifs_checks_node: bad node at LEB 1209:839680

There is also a soft lockup CPU#0 stuck for 34s error message as well.

I lastly followed a guide from the forum on performing a software recovery for the ICX 7150 and that did not work either.

How I can I get this thing working? All my security devices and others rely on the APs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @chris_marquez_k 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and trying the software recovery process multiple times, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Sorry meant to reply to this: it timed out when I tried to update primary. But I meant to ask what else if anything should be plugged into the switch while doing this? I want to make sure everything is right. 

Hi @chris_marquez_k 

Please perform the commands as mentioned in my previous post and check. Share the screenshots if you are getting any errors or are stuck at any point in the software recovery process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Good evening, Imran.

I was able to surpass the "not alive" hurdle by tweaking the gateway IP. (For anyone following along that is a novice like me, the guide shows the gateway IP address as being the same as the IP address when configuring the TCP/IPv4 properties. My computer was immediately clearing the gateway IP as that isn't valid.)

Anyway, once this was done, I was able to continue on with the steps of updating the primary and secondary partitions. This is the relevant code for the update_primary:
Primary UpdatePrimary Update

After updating the primary, I updated the secondary:
Secondary updateSecondary update

Here I noticed there are some bad blocks that were skipped.
I then updated the uboot:
Update ubootUpdate uboot

Lastly I ran the reset command. After on the boot, it ran from the primary partition and failed all the same. Same exact error message. I unplugged the switch and booted from the secondary to ensure it was completely bricked, and it also failed to boot from the secondary. 

Imran, I appreciate your assistance and walking me through this process. At this stage, I feel safe in saying the switch is in fact, corrupted. I have tried all avenues multiple times.

Can we please proceed with the RMA process to get this replaced? 

Hi @chris_marquez_k 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

After you perform the ‘reset’ command at the end, could you please check the status of the PWR and SYST lights on the Switch and let me know?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran good afternoon. 

the PWR light is solid green and the SYST light is solid amber. It is in the exact same state as prior to the resets and software recovery attempts.