cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power outage caused ICX 7150 to get stuck in boot mode

sparksntucson
New Contributor II

Hi,

A power outage caused my switch to get stuck into a corrupt boot mode that causes my POE ports to not light up or work.  This has caused my WAP's to not work as well.  I have tried the reset method 20-30 times with zero luck.  In an effort to get this working I have purchased a usb to usbc cable and have spent hours trying to get Putty to recognize the splitter.  After a lot of attempts, I am stuck with the Putty showing the switch as  "not alive".  I changed the ip address a few time with no luck.  Is my switch dead?  Is there another option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not luck with both the USB-C and the ethernet cable connected to the switch and PC.  I am getting the "not alive" error message after multiple attempts in Putty:

sparksntucson_0-1692585256693.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @sparksntucson 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that you are trying software recovery to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and there is an error.

Could you please share a picture showing software recovery cables connections between the Switch and the Laptop/PC?

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Sure thing.  See below

IMG_6163 (1).jpg

Hi @sparksntucson 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I can see from the picture, you have only used USB to type a C cable. Also, there must be an ethernet cable connected to the Switch management port and the Laptop/PC. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link. Request you follow the same and perform the software recovery process once again. And please share the screenshots of the error (if any).

Please follow the software recovery once again, share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Not luck with both the USB-C and the ethernet cable connected to the switch and PC.  I am getting the "not alive" error message after multiple attempts in Putty:

sparksntucson_0-1692585256693.png