cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs shutting off and not coming back online

Johnnyy5ive
New Contributor

Hi, last week I was having an issue where my APs turn them self off (no lights on any of them). I rebooted the router and went into unleash, updated the firmware to the latest version per instruction on  this forum but the problem still persist. After router reboot, the APs come online for about an hour then go offline. I have two r510 and they both go off at the same time. I have double checked each of them and they currently have the 200.15.6.12.304 firmware. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Johnnyy5ive 

Based on the information, you have shared it seems like the code 08095 has UFI code which has both the boot monitor and the SW code. So please try to upgrade the switch, from the code you are to 08095m and then the recommended code 08095g UFI.

So please enter the below commands to complete the upgrade process.

copy tftp flash 192.168.1.3 SPR08095gufi.bin primary

copy tftp flash 192.168.1.3 SPR08095gufi.bin secondary

Show flash  (ensure that you have the new flash code)

Write memory

Reload

Once you are done with the above commands please try to reboot your router. After the update the switch will take a while to start up so wait for few minutes as you switch got upgraded.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Also please try using the putty software to perform the upgrade process. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Johnnyy5ive
New Contributor

Attaching screenshots from unleash showing current firmware.

1000008986.jpg

1000008987.jpg

Hi @Johnnyy5ive 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the detailed description,

To find the root cause of the issue please share the image of the switch showing the LED status and the cable connections.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

1000009000.jpg

1000008990.jpg

APs come online after I reboot switch, but stays active for about 15 to 30 minutes and go offline. It does not turn itself back on unless I reboot switch again, then the cycle repeat. 

Hi @Johnnyy5ive 

Thanks for your response,

Based on the images you have shared it seems like the switch has green lights on PWR and SYS on it which means that the switch is in normal state.

To find the root cause of the issue we need to take console access to the switch to verify whether the switch is able to transfer the power via 12 ports.

To check this, first, we have to get access to the switch, and there are Two ways to get access to the switch.

1. I) By IP Address of the Switch OR
  2. II) By Console Access to the Switch

1. By IP address: To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

1. Now please perform the following commands and share the output:

enable

Show version

Show inline power

Show inline power detail

1. By Console access: If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please follow up the same steps that are on point '2'

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community