cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 red light won't go away

jcorlando
New Contributor

Acess point red light came on this weekend and will not go away. I have already reset the Internet, turn the power off and on, and switched ethernet cables, and the port on the router. Light still staying red.

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hi @jcorlando 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS Access Point has a Red light on PWR.

Could you please let me know how many RUCKUS Access Points are connected to your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch?

Did you unplug the Access Point’s ethernet plug from the Switch ports? If not, please unplug and plug it. You can try plugging it into any 1 in-12 ports highlighted in the below screenshot.

Please check and let me know if that works. 

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

hello, i have 2 AP connect to the 7150. i have in plugged them both, and the one with the red light still staying red. I also swapped the wire at the 7150. the one still has a red light. the other still works fine l.

Hi @jcorlando 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please try to connect your non-working Access Point to an external power 12 VDC adapter and check it separately without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable. (Please refer to the below screenshot). Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device.

Please check the Access Point following the above process and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

hello, I removed the AP from the ethernet cable, and then plugged it in to a direct 12 V adapter source. The red power light stayed on. I removed it from power for a while again, and then tried a second time. However, the red light comes on right away and stays on.