cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vsz wireless configuration and authentication

stefany_pineda
New Contributor II

Hi, Can you help me? I have Vsz v 5.2, two zones (3.6 and 5.2)

I have this problem:

Scenery 1

• I configure a hotspot (wispr)
  • I configure a ssid with authentication AD.
  • I connect my computer successfully 
  • I reconfigure the name of ssid or any parameter.
  • I can connect my computer, I have to reload vsz to connect my computer 

Scenery 2

• i configure a ssid with authentication wpa2
  • i create a password 
  • I can’t connect my computer 
  • I reload vsz
  • After reload I can connect my computer
  • i reconfigure ssid name, vlan, password, etc. and with this change I can’t connect my computer. I have to reload vsz to connect my computer 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @stefany_pineda ,

A very good day to you!

Regarding your query on HotSpot and WPA2 SSID, I would first suggest:

a. Deauthorize the client from vSZ (if already connected in past)
b. Forget the SSID from the client device if trying to test within the session/grace period of the previous authentication.

sarita_shekhar_0-1659957518312.png

2. For the HotSpot, profile, you can edit the profile and reduce the grace period to 1 min and then try to test. You have to wait for 1 min before you attempt to re-connect to HotSpot SSID to get redirected.

3. For WPA2 SSID, the controller remembers the previous authentication for a certain amount of period and hence the issue. Once you make the changes on the SSID, we always suggest forgetting the SSID on the client device before you connect to the SSID again.

Regards,
Sarita Shekhar | CCNA | CWNA
Staff Technical Support Engineer,
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Stefany,

It seems when you are making any configuration changes, it is not getting pushed properly to the AP.

Reloading controller is not at all needed so I would suggest you to check if AP configuration is showing "up-to-date" post making changes on WLAN configuration.

Also provide more information like what do you mean you cannot connect? Is it showing any error?

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

thanks,

1. post making changes, configuration status is "up to date"

2. in the first case, with hotspot, i try to connect to ssid, but i cant go to captive portal, there is no error message, if i reload the controller and i try to connect to ssid, now i can go to captive portal and authenticate, but if i make a change in configuration, for example.. mmm description of ssid.. and i try to connect, its impossible, i cant go to captive portal, i reload my computer and smartphone, but issues persist until reload the controller

3. in the second case, i create a ssid with wpa2, i try to connect but i get "wrong password", i reload the controller, i try to connect with the same password and i get connect to ssid, but if i make a change for example, description of ssid, and i try to connect i get again the message "wrong password"

Hello @stefany_pineda ,

A very good day to you!

Regarding your query on HotSpot and WPA2 SSID, I would first suggest:

a. Deauthorize the client from vSZ (if already connected in past)
b. Forget the SSID from the client device if trying to test within the session/grace period of the previous authentication.

sarita_shekhar_0-1659957518312.png

2. For the HotSpot, profile, you can edit the profile and reduce the grace period to 1 min and then try to test. You have to wait for 1 min before you attempt to re-connect to HotSpot SSID to get redirected.

3. For WPA2 SSID, the controller remembers the previous authentication for a certain amount of period and hence the issue. Once you make the changes on the SSID, we always suggest forgetting the SSID on the client device before you connect to the SSID again.

Regards,
Sarita Shekhar | CCNA | CWNA
Staff Technical Support Engineer,
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Hi @sarita_shekhar 

Can you guide me where to find the Grace Period setting?
I have a WLAN with Guest Access authentication, but i don't see those settings there.