cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the BSS rate and RSSI value only for particular group in SSID

sujay
New Contributor II

We have configured the our configuration on zone based, if I make configuration changes in group based in wlan. Does it affect complete zone configuration.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

archana_bollu
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Sujay,

As I could see you need to know if config change on ap-group will change the config on zone.

Since we have the smart zone hierarchy as Zone>>ap-group>> AP specific, Hence if we make any changes on Zone will be applied to ap-group and ap-specific, also any change on AP-group will be applied on AP's mapped in that group and ap-specific config change is specific to only that AP but will not override ap-group or zone. Please find the below document for your reference for the same for resolution part https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000009300

Regards,

Archana Bollu

View solution in original post

sujay
New Contributor II

Hello @archana_bollu,

Thank you for your response. Based on our testing, we have discovered that it is not possible to override the SSID at the group level. The changes made to the SSID apply universally to all groups where it is mapped.

archana_bollu
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Sujay,

Thankyou for the above. whenever we create an SSID initially on system level(universal) or zone or ap-group or ap-specific then we need to navigate to that level and modify the changes. Hence in your case, the SSID initially might be configured on universal level, so you can modify only from the level and that applies to all below levels.

Regards,

Archana Bollu

5 REPLIES 5

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @sujay

Could you please elaborate your query? Perhaps sharing the screenshot of configuration would help answer your query.

Regards,

Parik

sujay
New Contributor II

Hello @Parik_MN 

bss.png

Actually for example assume that 'A' is an zone of smartzone where we have configured the wlans. under the 'A' we have sub folders "b", "c", "d", now as usual the b,c,d are sub groups of the A they will get configuration of the A. My question is if I change the configuration of the b group. will it change the complete c and d configuration

archana_bollu
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Sujay,

As I could see you need to know if config change on ap-group will change the config on zone.

Since we have the smart zone hierarchy as Zone>>ap-group>> AP specific, Hence if we make any changes on Zone will be applied to ap-group and ap-specific, also any change on AP-group will be applied on AP's mapped in that group and ap-specific config change is specific to only that AP but will not override ap-group or zone. Please find the below document for your reference for the same for resolution part https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000009300

Regards,

Archana Bollu

sujay
New Contributor II

Hello @archana_bollu,

Thank you for your response. Based on our testing, we have discovered that it is not possible to override the SSID at the group level. The changes made to the SSID apply universally to all groups where it is mapped.