cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate issue for a tunneled SSID

ali_db0udsohr2q
Contributor

I have a vSZ-H and a physical data plane appliance with a tunneled SSID configured.  SSID works fine however, trying to do WebAuth so it gives a certificate error.  Installed the 3rd party valid SSL cert (wild card) and still getting an error in the browser.  Viewing the certificate it shows, it is still using the Ruckus cert and not the wild card cert that was installed. 

Mapped all the services to this cert and here is how it looks like under the SZ as a Server Certificate.  What else is missing?

Image_ images_messages_5fd11ee9c7b3b92d0a9be77d_34d1109f012fdfc503bb15b8af683dc7_image-004cfa07-9ac4-4597-a83d-8cfb3a36a2ec-879288554.png
15 REPLIES 15

Hi Ali,

Please first confirm what exact issue you are facing and what is the WLAN and AD server profile configuration.

Because you may not be hitting that issue.

Below are the example of CN with name and CN with IP on a cert.

Subject: C = US, ST = xyz, L = abc, O = Ruckus Wireless, CN = *.ruckuswirelss.com

Subject: C = US, ST = xyz, L = abc, O = Ruckus Wireless, CN = 10.10.10.1

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

WLAN SSID is setup to use WebAuth with AD Auth.  I think I'm going to just create a ticket because apparently there is no good Ruckus documentation as usual on how to accomplish all this.

Ok, but did you configure AD profile with TLS enable?

And do you see a certificate warning when users connect to login portal?

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

Are you talking about under the SSID and Authentication Service instead of RADIUS using AD Authentication and turning on TLS?

When the user connects to the portal they don't even get the new cert, they still get the Ruckus cert.

Hi Ali,

If users are getting cert error (portal shows Ruckus Default cert) when they connect to the portal, this means cert is not properly imported.

Try the procedure I have provided, reimport the cert. If still facing the issue, please report it to support.

Also do not get confuse with authentication server settings, because first, web portal should present the correct certificate which is not happening in your case.

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn