cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed app shows ap as offline but lights are on

danalbre
New Contributor

On my mobile unleashed app, one of my two aps is shown as offline, but both of the physical aps have all green lights. Is this some error specific to the app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I observed that your Master AP is assigned with a Public IP address (76.214.42.5) by your ISP Router. However, it is always suggested to use a Private IP address for the Switch and APs.

This happens when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router is IP Passthrough enabled. It has to be in a disabled state to avoid any issues with the connectivity. I suspect this may be the reason for the issue you are facing. Please login to your ISP router account and disable the same. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

Please reboot the Switch once by performing the below commands:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

reload

y

Please check the Unleashed dashboard once the Switch comes up and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

I just rebooted the switch per your instructions and still see the same issue on the Unleashed dashboard.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As it’s not working even after a reboot, now we may need to factory reset the APs. Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using your Mobile:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-Unleashed-Set-up-usin...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

I have a few updates. First, when I was following instructions to factory reset my 2 APs, I noticed that only one AP should be acting as master, which would be indicated by the CTL light being on on that AP but not the other one. From the pictures I posted initially of both APs, the CTL light is on for both of them, does this mean they're both acting as master? I thought this might explain my initial problem with the Unleashed app. Secondly, I unplugged one AP and performed the factory reset on the second one. After I had set up the network again, I plugged the other AP back in, hoping it would recognize the first as master. However, it connected and again the CTL light came on. Now on my Unleashed app, it only shows one AP as connected, even though both are connected to the Switch and the same four lights are green on both APs. Is there any way to correct this issue? Thanks, Dan

Hi @danalbre 

Thank you for the response and the detailed information.

Yes, only one AP must be a master. It happens when another AP may be getting an IP address from a different subnet and both the APs work in two different Unleashed systems.

Please check your IP settings for the access point, is it set to DHCP or static? If it’s set to static IP, there could be an IP conflict, switch to DHCP and reboot AP. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Reboot: for all the Access Points as shown in the below screenshot.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi