cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Access Point

Camparker8
New Contributor

I am looking to add a new access point outside to provide a signal to my outdoor patio accessories. How do I go about adding this new access point to my existing Ruckus Unleashed system?

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Camparker8 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that you need assistance in adding another Access Point to your existing RUCKUS setup.

You just have to plug a new Access Point’s ethernet cable into any 1-in-12 ports as shown in the below picture. Once it is connected, you may have to reboot the Switch once (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet). And check the Unleashed dashboard to check whether it is added to the Unleashed system.

And make sure all the Access Points you want to add on the same Unleashed system must be on the same version. If they are on a different version, please upgrade the Access Point and bring it to the same version as the other Access Points. Please refer to the below screenshot to check the Access Point Versions.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.