cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed app shows ap as offline but lights are on

danalbre
New Contributor

On my mobile unleashed app, one of my two aps is shown as offline, but both of the physical aps have all green lights. Is this some error specific to the app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I observed that your Master AP is assigned with a Public IP address (76.214.42.5) by your ISP Router. However, it is always suggested to use a Private IP address for the Switch and APs.

This happens when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router is IP Passthrough enabled. It has to be in a disabled state to avoid any issues with the connectivity. I suspect this may be the reason for the issue you are facing. Please login to your ISP router account and disable the same. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @danalbre 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, if you got both the Access Points on the same version, please factory reset the Access Point once again as described previously. Please make sure, after the factory reset and configuration, let the network up and running on the Access Point. Once you confirm the network is up and running on the factory reset Access Point, go ahead, and connect the other Access Point to a Switch port.

Please refer to the below link for more information about the light status of the RUCKUS R510 Access Point.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thanks Imran,

I did as you suggested, performing a factory reset on the AP that was just updated to the newest version. I ensured that the network was up and running on the AP before plugging the second AP port back into the Switch. However, after plugging the second AP back into the Switch, after ~1 hour the power light is on but CTL light is still blinking slowly (indicating that it cannot contact the AP master). Please advise, thanks.

Hi @danalbre 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please unplug the working AP and factory reset the non-working AP with the blinking CTL light on it?

Please make sure you follow the same steps described in the below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

And make sure, both the APs are on the same netmask. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

After the factory reset, you could try to plug the AP ethernet cable into any one of the 12 ports on the Switch panel as shown in the below screenshot.

If it is still not working with the same results with CTL blinking on the slave AP. Please try to log in on the slave AP CLI to check if it can ping to the Master AP IP address. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Command to check ping: ping <ip address of the Master AP>> (Example: ping 192.0.0.0) 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

It's the same as before. I unplugged the working AP, factory reset the second, made sure the network was up and running and then plugged the first back in to a different port - it went into the not connected mode (slow blinking CTL light). I am able to access the slave AP CLI and tried to ping the master as suggested. I'm copying that below -

Copyright(C) 2023 Ruckus Wireless, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

** Ruckus R320 Unleashed AP: 272009004953

Warning: AP is in Unleashed-Managed mode
          Current or latest Unleashed: 192.168.1.247 / dc:ae:eb:0f:e3:60
          Any configuration changes made in CLI may conflict
          with the Unleashed's management and
          will cause undefined results.
rkscli: ping 76.214.42.5
PING 76.214.42.5 (76.214.42.5): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 76.214.42.5: seq=0 ttl=63 time=1.389 ms
64 bytes from 76.214.42.5: seq=1 ttl=63 time=1.235 ms
64 bytes from 76.214.42.5: seq=2 ttl=63 time=1.963 ms
64 bytes from 76.214.42.5: seq=3 ttl=63 time=1.735 ms
64 bytes from 76.214.42.5: seq=4 ttl=63 time=1.586 ms

--- 76.214.42.5 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 1.235/1.581/1.963 ms
OK
rkscli:

I also tried the opposite (pinging slave from master) and no packets were transferred then.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi @danalbre 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I observed that your Master AP is assigned with a Public IP address (76.214.42.5) by your ISP Router. However, it is always suggested to use a Private IP address for the Switch and APs.

This happens when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router is IP Passthrough enabled. It has to be in a disabled state to avoid any issues with the connectivity. I suspect this may be the reason for the issue you are facing. Please login to your ISP router account and disable the same. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi