cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use putty for my system recovery

Bibong808
New Contributor

To whom it may concern,

I have recently followed the steps of this forum https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re... to try and fix my ruckus system. I was able to get as far as the putty step, but was unable to boot anything. I also had to manually input the legacy hardware to be able to view the COM# and it was not connecting to both the ethernet and the usb-c properly. I've tried to install the 7150 driver for the usb-c too and that did not help. 

To confirm, my system light was yellow while the other lights were green. I properly plugged in the ethernet and usb-c cords into my laptop while trying to work on it. If necessary, I can provide photos of how I connected to ICX 7150 to my laptop and that it did not show proper connections to the USB and the ports.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to receive a response soon.

Sincerely, Frederick

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Bibong808 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck in the boot mode and you are trying to perform the software recovery.

Could you please let me know if you tried to physically reset the Switch using a paper clip. If not, please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article for the same. 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

IF THE RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES (Like 10-15 times) AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. As we have seen it working sometimes after trying multiple times in many cases. If the reset with a paperclip works, the SYST and PWR lights should turn GREEN.

If reset doesn’t work, please share a screenshot of the PuTTy screen at the point you are stuck. Additionally, Please share a picture showing the software recovery cable connections between the Switch and the laptop. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Bibong808 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Bibong808 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community