pmorales
New Contributor

IMG_7181.jpeg

Ports not powered after outage 

9 REPLIES 9

pinky_ruckus

Hello @pmorales ,

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I understand that the Access points or the extenders are not powering up after the power outage.

Also, from the picture you shared, the status lights on the Switch is Amber and the PWR light is Green, which means that the Switch is stuck in a boot mode

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to fix the issue when the Switch is in boot mode.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

This is beyond frustrating!!!  I've tried resetting 15 times still won't work.  I've tried software recovery and still won't work.  Is it possible the switch is bad and I need to purchase another one?  

Hello @pmorales ,

Thank you for the response.

I really apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I understand that the ethernet port is different from that of the Switch.

If the laptop does not have an Ethernet port, kindly use an external dock connector that includes various ports, ensuring it has an RJ45 port.

Connect the external dock to the laptop.

Please make sure that both the cables is must during the software recovery process.

Also, could you please update at which point you are getting stuck and please share a screenshot for the same.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

1. downloaded putty:

which one do i pick 

pmorales_0-1720025575673.png

2. download repository 

3. download this link: https://github.com/peacepenguin/tftpd64/releases

and got this page: 

pmorales_1-1720025714927.png