cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPD & DIAG Lights Only

jmr
New Contributor

Hello,

My  MIL moved into a Lennar home and hasn't had anything working with the Ruckus system since she took ownership.  She switched providers from AT&T to Xfininity so we've done factory resets on all devices as a start.  From the get-go though, the only lights on the 7150 switch that come on are the SPD and the DIAG lights (green).  We've never seen any amber lights, upon a factory reset, nothing happens but the steady green light of SPD and then sometimes the DIAG, but not every time.  It seems that the switch may be faulty as I plugged into it directly with my laptop and it seemed to blow out my ethernet port in my laptop which is not great.  What would be next steps in troubleshooting?  We finally got PoE to the AP and was able to reset it, but not via the switch, via another PoE device.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jmr 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Jayavidhya

Hi @jmr 

Greetings of the day,

Please provide the below details for the detailed understanding of the issue.

1. Are the Access points getting power?

2. If the Access Points are getting power, can you connect to the SSID/Wi-Fi ID?

3.Make sure it is plugged into a well-known outlet/power source to discard any issue with the power outlet.

4. Please let us know the LED status of the switch and the access points using the below guide.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

ZoneFlex-R510-front.jpg

RUCKUS SWITCH

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

ICX-7150-C12P_appearance.jpg

Once you confirm this let us know you can also send us a photo/picture 

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

jmr
New Contributor

1. Are the Access points getting power?  Yes, however, through another PoE device, not the Rukus Switch.

2. If the Access Points are getting power, can you connect to the SSID/Wi-Fi ID? Yes, but there is no internet (see attached photo)

3.Make sure it is plugged into a well-known outlet/power source to discard any issue with the power outlet. I've tried two power cords and two different outlets with the same outcome - switch not working.

4. Please let us know the LED status of the switch and the access points using the below guide. See attached photo for LED status of the switch.  Last night I had the DIAG light on but today, that is now off.  I didn't include a photo of the access point because it is on the ceiling however, I can see the SSID and connect to it just no internet access.

Thank you for your help.

jmr
New Contributor

20230516_111916.jpgCapture.JPG

Hi @jmr 

Please try to gain access to the switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community