cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPD & DIAG Lights Only

jmr
New Contributor

Hello,

My  MIL moved into a Lennar home and hasn't had anything working with the Ruckus system since she took ownership.  She switched providers from AT&T to Xfininity so we've done factory resets on all devices as a start.  From the get-go though, the only lights on the 7150 switch that come on are the SPD and the DIAG lights (green).  We've never seen any amber lights, upon a factory reset, nothing happens but the steady green light of SPD and then sometimes the DIAG, but not every time.  It seems that the switch may be faulty as I plugged into it directly with my laptop and it seemed to blow out my ethernet port in my laptop which is not great.  What would be next steps in troubleshooting?  We finally got PoE to the AP and was able to reset it, but not via the switch, via another PoE device.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jmr 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

jmr
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm going to copy and paste what I said in my last post.  Please review and see the accompanied photos.  I do NOT get a prompt to do anything once connected to Putty or MobaXterm.

I've done that and unfortunately, it seems the network port isn't working in the device either.  I'm still not getting a prompt using Putty nor MobaXterm.  I've attached pics showing that I do have a link light when I connect via RJ-45 to my Xfinity router but when I connect to the Ruckus, I get no link light to the router using Port 13.  I think this device is bad.  Thanks for any additional help you can provide.

Hi @jmr 

Based on the troubleshooting done, it seems that even after the resetting the switch and trying the software recovery process in every possible way, the failure exists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

jmr
New Contributor

Thank you, I appreciate all of your help with this.  Have a great day!

Hi @jmr 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again.