cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Request - ICX7150 Boot fails on startup with Errors Can't get Kernel Image

PlanB
New Contributor
Here are the steps taken to troubleshoot this issue.  

Problem: 
Observed that the primary and secondary boot partitions on the device are corrupted and unable to load.  Boot fails on startup with Errors Can't get Kernel Image! (Screenshots). 

Steps taken to try to resolve this 

Followed the directions here 

Successfully connected to the console via USBc, However, it fails when trying to connect to TFTP

When attempting to connect to the switch via TFTP I continually received the error message that the Host is not alive.  Seeing this I followed the directions on this support thread:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Confirmed that the device was connected correctly to my PC, confirmed the network settings were configured as required, and confirmed that Windows Firewall is disabled as requested in the troubleshooting.  This resulted in the same error as above.  Attached screenshots of the configuration for Ruckus support

Confirmed that this TFTP setup from my desktop works on my own personal ICX7150, it does work so this tells me that there are other issues with this switch and it needs to be RMAd with Ruckus. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PlanB 

Thank you for the update.

CHAT is the only option to proceed with RMA for Lennar home users.

Please use the same link with a different browser on the Laptop and also try in Incognito mode.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @PlanB 

Thank you for the response and the update.

To proceed with replacement, could you please share a Picture showing the software recovery cable connections between the Switch and the laptop? and a screenshot of the CLI errors you are getting.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Screenshots were included in the original post, below.  (Screenshots)

Kindly expedite RMA for this device.  Thank you.

Hi @PlanB 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process multiple times, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thank you.  I attempted to open Chat using the link provided via Chrome and Chat will not load.  Is there an alternative way to process this RMA request?

PlanB_0-1708966075627.png

Hi @PlanB 

Thank you for the update.

CHAT is the only option to proceed with RMA for Lennar home users.

Please use the same link with a different browser on the Laptop and also try in Incognito mode.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi