I have a Lennar home with an ICX 7150 12P switch connected to two R510 access points. One of the APs is located on the third floor and the other on the second floor. The one on the second floor is connecting but the PWR light is blinking green. I’m able to set up the AP as master by connecting to the Configure-me-xxxx but when I try connecting to the SSID after setup it doesn’t connect.
I’ve tried using the AP on the third floor as a master and had no issue, except I can only see the third floor AP on the web UI, the second floor AP although it’s connected and shows the lights on does not show in the web UI. I tried moving the AP located on the third floor to the second floor connection and have the same issue. The two APs and my router are connected to the switch in one of the 12 ports. My router does have WiFi turned on and is broadcasting a 2.4g and 5g network but I’m not connecting to that. Please help
Hello, a quick update. I had to order some extra large RJ45 connectors because the ones that came with the compressor tool were cat6 but weren’t big enough. The cable is a cat6a and has slightly bigger gauge. I was able to attach a larger connector and connected it to the AP and it booted up successfully with the PWR light solid green! Though it entered into a boot loop where it would try to upgrade the firmware. I tried factory resetting it and it still went into the boot loop. After going into the web portal I figured out I needed to manually upgrade both APs and once it rebuilt the network both were up and running. All is good now, no issues. Thank you!
After that, Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?
1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue? 2. When did you notice the problem? 3. How are the lights on the APs (box in the ceiling), green, amber, red, flashing, or static? 4. Are you able to see both access points in your unleashed app/ dashboard? If so, what is the status of them? 5.
Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.
Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.
I confirmed the connection from my router to the 7150 switch is on one of the 12 ports in the middle section of the switch. I have a router/modem, it is a Verizon brand unit. 1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue? I have been in the home for 5 years but never tried setting up the system until now. I am the original owner and the system was installed when the house was built. We have had a few minor power outages in the 5 years we've lived in the home.
2. When did you notice the problem? Just yesterday upon first setting up the network.
3. How are the lights on the APs (box in the ceiling), green, amber, red, flashing, or static? When using the hookup location on the second floor, the lights on the access point are as follows - static amber/yellow for 2.4g and 5g, static green for CTL and flashing green for PWR. When using the hookup location on the third floor, the lights on the access point are as follows - static amber/yellow for 2.4g and 5g, static green for CTL and solid green for PWR. The 2.4g and 5g will turn static green when devices are connected to either bands. I have tried switching the access points between the second and third floor and I get the same results, the issue seems to be with the second floor hookup as it does not matter which access point I connect to it, I get the same connectivity issue. When both access points are connected they appear as two different networks, meaning after I set up the one on the second floor with the third floor AP unplugged, I go to plug the third floor AP back in and it appears as a separate Configure-me-xxxx network that I can then set up rather than just joining the already set up network.
4. Are you able to see both access points in your unleashed app/ dashboard? If so, what is the status of them? No, I am only able to see the third floor access point in the unleashed dashboard and it is set as the master. The access point on the second floor does not show at all and does not read as unavailable. When using only the second floor access point I cannot connect to the network to open the unleashed dashboard.
5. Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.
I’m not sure I understand what you mean by check to confirm common Lennar setups, I’ve already confirmed this in my reply.
As far as doing a factor reset I’ve followed the instructions and tried this several times and have the same issues. It is just one of the access point locations that is causing issues. I have factory reset both access points multiple times and set up a new network and the second floor access point’s PWR light still blinks green.