cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination IP is not reachable

Ede185
New Contributor II

I was not able to log on to the Unleashed App on my IOS. I did a IP LanScan und found 5 IP addresses for Ruckus. The master IP that always worked changed all of the sudden to a different IP. A day later, it changed again to a different IP. Today, I had once again chose another IP address to log on to the Unleashed app. I updated the software to the lastest version, but it seems that every day the Master IP changes to log on to the App. However, logging on to the ICX-750 switch is no problem, that IP remained the same. 

Why does the IP change every day?
Could it be that the account has been hacked?
Also, how do I know if someone other than any of my equipment has been using my account?

Thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ede185 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Great!!! Good to know that you can log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application on your smartphone.

As I can see from the pictures you shared, your APs are on the latest version and are stable.

You are NOT required to use the IP Address to log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application and you can just log in using your username/password. If there is any issue please feel free to contact us here on the forum.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Ede185 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are unable to log into the RUCKUS Unleashed app.

Please note, that using Master IP Address to log into the RUCKUS Unleashed app is just a workaround for the time being and we have a fix for this. However, you can log into the application using the login credentials you use for Unleashed web login.

Could you please uninstall/install (update) the RUCKUS Unleashed application on your smartphone and try logging in using username/password?

Access Point getting assigned with a different IP Address is normal behavior since ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router DHCP server assigns new private IP Addresses to the connected devices every now and then. It’s nothing to be worried about.

As you mentioned, you have upgraded the software. Could you please log in to your Unleashed system on a LAPTOP WEB BROWSER using the Master AP IP Address OR https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/ ? Please check the current version of your Unleashed Access Points and share a screenshot of the same.

Please make sure you are connected to the RUCKUS Wi-Fi Network to access the same.

If you can’t access using the above link and don’t know the IP Address of the Access Points. Please refer to the below guide to find the IP Address of the Access Point to get the requested information.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

You should see the below-Unleashed dashboard after finding the IP Address of the AP. Try to log in

Please check, and help us with the above-requested information. Let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Ede185
New Contributor II

Imran,

Thank you for helping me with this issue. I followed your instructions and deleted the App and reinstalled it again on my iPhone. I was able to log on with my username/password. I also attached the information about the AP's software versions. I was also able to log on without a problem. 

So far, all is working well. Please let me know if I have to use a IP address in the future to log on again or just use username/password.

Thanks,

Michael82911600-BFA6-402D-94F7-E4BB3C7CFB63.jpegE7567196-C2DE-4C73-8F5A-AF5BFD8E6610.jpeg3EBBCE3F-A712-4E9E-B4B9-C9AF392DB24D.jpegABA8D38B-BA6B-4DDF-BD53-01B814C94888.jpeg

Hi @Ede185 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Great!!! Good to know that you can log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application on your smartphone.

As I can see from the pictures you shared, your APs are on the latest version and are stable.

You are NOT required to use the IP Address to log into the RUCKUS Unleashed application and you can just log in using your username/password. If there is any issue please feel free to contact us here on the forum.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi