cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 PWR light blinking green and won’t retrieve IP

beanradio
New Contributor II

I have a Lennar home with an ICX 7150 12P switch connected to two R510 access points. One of the APs is located on the third floor and the other on the second floor. The one on the second floor is connecting but the PWR light is blinking green. I’m able to set up the AP as master by connecting to the Configure-me-xxxx but when I try connecting to the SSID after setup it doesn’t connect.

I’ve tried using the AP on the third floor as a master and had no issue, except I can only see the third floor AP on the web UI, the second floor AP although it’s connected and shows the lights on does not show in the web UI. I tried moving the AP located on the third floor to the second floor connection and have the same issue. The two APs and my router are connected to the switch in one of the 12 ports. My router does have WiFi turned on and is broadcasting a 2.4g and 5g network but I’m not connecting to that. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beanradio
New Contributor II

Hello, a quick update. I had to order some extra large RJ45 connectors because the ones that came with the compressor tool were cat6 but weren’t big enough. The cable is a cat6a and has slightly bigger gauge. I was able to attach a larger connector and connected it to the AP and it booted up successfully with the PWR light solid green! Though it entered into a boot loop where it would try to upgrade the firmware. I tried factory resetting it and it still went into the boot loop. After going into the web portal I figured out I needed to manually upgrade both APs and once it rebuilt the network both were up and running. All is good now, no issues. Thank you!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @beanradio 

1. I shared the link detailing the "Most Common Setups for Lennar homes users" to assist you in verifying the correct cable connections to the switch. If you're confident that everything is connected correctly, feel free to skip this step.

2. Have you followed the instructions on how to perform a factory reset correctly?

> If you have multiple Access Points (APs) in your house, go to the Ruckus Switch (located in the panel) and disconnect the Ethernet cables from all Access Points, except the one you are going to work with.

Only keep one access point connected to the Ruckus switch throughout the entire process until the new network appears. Once you confirm that the created network is visible in your laptop's "network and internet settings" tab, you can proceed to connect the other access points one by one.

Kind regards, 

Sofia Gätjens

beanradio
New Contributor II

Understood. I think the problem is with the cable on the second floor hookup. I checked the RJ45 connector and two of the wires were loose and came out. I ordered a RJ45 compressor tool with connectors to reattach a new connector and see if that resolves the issue. Thanks for your help so far. I’ll provide an update tomorrow.

Hi @beanradio 

Thank you for the information you provided. Please keep me posted.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

beanradio
New Contributor II

Hello, a quick update. I had to order some extra large RJ45 connectors because the ones that came with the compressor tool were cat6 but weren’t big enough. The cable is a cat6a and has slightly bigger gauge. I was able to attach a larger connector and connected it to the AP and it booted up successfully with the PWR light solid green! Though it entered into a boot loop where it would try to upgrade the firmware. I tried factory resetting it and it still went into the boot loop. After going into the web portal I figured out I needed to manually upgrade both APs and once it rebuilt the network both were up and running. All is good now, no issues. Thank you!

Hi @beanradio

Thank you for the update! I am glad to know that everything is up and running now.

Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens