cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power tripped and APs does not have any lights and can no longer connect to the network

Mel27
New Contributor

I’ve attempted the following but failed:

power on and off

scan for IP, no IP associated ruckus

physically connect 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mel27 

Thanks for your response,

Good to hear that the issue got resolved.

Please feel free to mark the case as ACCEPTED SOLUTION. Also please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Mel27
New Contributor

IMG_4851.jpeg

Hi @Mel27 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the detailed description,

Based on the images you have shared it seems like the switch has steady green lights on it which means that you switch is in good condition.

To find the root cause of the issue please try to take the console access to the switch to check whether the switch is able to transfer the power to PoE devices via 12 ports.

There are two ways to get the access to the switch.

1. I) By IP Address of the Switch OR
  2. II) By Console Access to the Switch

By IP address: To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

1. Now please perform the following commands and share the output:

enable

Show version

Show inline power

Show inline power detail

1. By Console access: If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please follow up the same steps that are on point '2'

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hi Jayavidhya, Thabk you for the reply

I tried both way but it did not work

1. By IP address, the software did not return any IP address associated with ruckus

2. By console, putty showed an error to connection and Mobaxterm did not have any connection listed in the drop down

can you please advise how to proceed

Hi @Mel27 

Thanks for your response,

To solve this issue please share the screenshot of the errors you are getting while following the steps.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community