cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power outage messed up system

Pewbert1
New Contributor

After outage I submitted a request here and got some recommendations on how to resolve but it’s still not working correctly. I have attempted the things that were recommended and to a degree the WiFi is working but in others it’s not working at all. I really need someone tech savvy to come out and assess what’s wrong. I still can’t get into my ruckus app at all. The WiFi will intermittently just stop working on devices and then I have to switch to my old router for WiFi and then the same issue happens there too I really need a tech to come out and help resolve this. This is beyond my skill level to fix
15 REPLIES 15

pinky_ruckus

Hi @Pewbert1,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your Ruckus setup is not working and are facing intermittent connection issues .

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1.  On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

2.  May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_1295.jpeg

IMG_1293.jpeg

IMG_1291.jpeg

 I have 2 access points. These are pics of my switch and points. No amber lights and looks normal but definitely not functioning normal. I also can’t get access to my ruckus app

Hello @Pewbert1 ,

Thank you for sharing the pictures .

We need to check few configurations on the Switch to assist you further.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily.

How to find the IP Address of the RUCKUS Devices (Switch and APs) using IP Scanner free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line”

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command

enable

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I found the IP address of the switch, downloaded putty and attempted to login per the instructions, CLI did not show the name of the switch or router but asked me to login. I attempted to login using all the passwords provided. every configuration of the username and passwords all failed and then the CLI would immediately close thereafter. I could not gain access to the switch or router through CLI. I then also attempted to reset the switch. once reset I tried the CLI again and same thing happened. none of the passwords worked to get into the CLI. At this point I think you need to send someone out to investigate