cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POE ports not working after reboot

ericjdunphy
New Contributor

I recently moved into a Lennar home with an ICX 7150-C12-Switch and two R320 APs in ports 1 & 2. After testing power to the home, none of the APs appear to get power from POE. I've been able to log in, get the WebUI up and running.

I've run POE detail and debug logs, output next post (exceeds 20k limit). Any ideas on how to get power to the APs?

22 REPLIES 22

Hi @ericjdunphy 

As you have mentioned in the previous posts, the ethernet cables coming from the Router are plugged into the wrong ports on the Switch panel. They must be plugged into any of the 12 ports.  Please unplug the ethernet cables, plug them into any of the 12 ports. Once you are done with process please disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet and reboot the switch.

Note : you will see a light come on when a device is connected via Ethernet on 1 of the 12 ports available.

Here I will leave a short guide how to connect the devices properly : 

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

I confirmed and swapped the eth to port 12. After reboots, watching the Web UI shows fault errors and then they disappear, back to n/a

Web UI after reboot

Port State Power (mWatts) PD Priority Fault
Error
AdminOperConsumedAllocatedTypeClass

1/1/1OnOff00n/an/aLowestnon-standard PD
1/1/2OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/3OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/4OnOff00n/an/aLowestnon-standard PD
1/1/5OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/6OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/7OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/8OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/9OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/10OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/11OnOff00n/an/aLowestn/a
1/1/12OnNon-PD00n/an/aLowestn/a

Other articles mention the R320 needing support for legacy inline power and/or non PD detection modes and am wondering if this is cause?

Hi @ericjdunphy 

To power up the access points, please change the PoE from AT to AF where AT is the higher allocation than AF using the below command.

ruckus(config-ap)# power-mode 802.3af

power-mode

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.10-commandref/page/GUID-FE6FC4F1-8A82-43AC-8EC0-6607...

Power Limitations by PoE Mode and AP Model

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.14-onlinehelp/page/GUID-12E6EFCF-E117-47FA-9D07-FE2E...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

this is impossible to run since I cannot access the APs so I cannot run config-ap.

Hi @ericjdunphy 

To power up the access points, please change the PoE from AT to AF where AT is the higher allocation than AF using the below link.

If power supply deficiency is caused by incorrect power level negotiation between the AP and the switch/PoE injector, you can enforce the AP Power Level on the AP's configuration page. Go to Access Points > [AP] > Edit > Other > PoE Operating Mode. Enable Override Group Config and select a power mode from the menu.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community