cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icx issue after power out and firmware upgrade

Wecovernc
New Contributor

I have an icX router in my Lennar home. Every time the power goes out we have a connectivity issues. I also did a firmware upgrade but still have issues and you can see that. I also have we’re says the switch is disconnected.failed to ping 

IMG_5772.png

IMG_5773.png

IMG_5774.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Wecovernc 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshot. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark this post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS, if your issues is resolved.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Wecovernc 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, if there is any IP Address by the Manufacture name Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications which will be the IP Address of the Switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

IMG_5985.jpeg

 these two are all that show 

IMG_5986.jpeg

IMG_5987.jpeg

Hi @Wecovernc 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response.

As we are unable to get the IP Address of the Switch, the option left is getting console access to the Switch. Please follow the below process for the same and help us with the output of the commands.

If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard OR Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Please enter the below commands once you log in to the console and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi