cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P does not respond, RMA?

Boggart
New Contributor

Hello,

I was asked by support to post a message here to get authorization/confirmation for an RMA on an ICX 7150-C12P switch.

When plugged in, all LED's on the front light up as both green and amber at the same time, and more dim than they normally would have been in a single color.  There's also a slight electrical buzzing sound that I don't remember it making before.

It is not passing any packets through any switch port, and I cannot access the bootloader over serial.  No output/input in my terminal window.

Per other similar threads, below is a photo to showcase the LED's being all lit up while being clearly plugged into a wall outlet.

IMG_1448.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Boggart 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process multiple times, seems like management port on the Switch is not responding and the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Boggart 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

From the case description, I could understand that your RUKCUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not working as expected. 

As all the lights on the Switch panel are ON. Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Basically, due to the power outage/ power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly. 

Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:

First, we will try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Boggart
New Contributor

Okay, with step one, I did the following...

1. Unplugged the 7150-C12P.
2. Pressed a paper clip into the Reset hole (hearing the audible button click).
3. Plugged in the 7150-C12P.
4. Observed no change in the lights on the front.  They are still Green/Amber at the same time.  Eventually released the paper clip, but still noted no difference in the lights on the front.
5. Tested it twice more with PuTTY open to monitor the serial port with a USB-C cable.  No console activity seen.  Really, no output at all.  Also does not respond to any keyboard input through serial.

With step one being a swing and a miss, I then started reading step two, and realized that it will be a failure as well since it requires the serial console to be working (even says specifically "Console access will be the only access available"), and it most definitely is not responding at all.

Is there anything else to try?

Hi @Boggart 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link. Request you follow the same and perform the software recovery process once again. And please share the screenshots of the error (if any) and please share a picture showing the connections between Switch and the Laptop.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Okay, I have gone through the steps given as far as I can, but as I noted earlier, the serial port does not produce any output on boot, nor does it accept any keyboard input.  This makes recovery through the bootloader impossible for me.

Below is a pair of photos showing the USB and network cables hooked up as requested...

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

The following screenshot demonstrates the lack of output from the serial console through PuTTY when plugging in the ICX 7150-C12P... 

Screenshot 2023-04-24 123112.png