cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P does not respond, RMA?

Boggart
New Contributor

Hello,

I was asked by support to post a message here to get authorization/confirmation for an RMA on an ICX 7150-C12P switch.

When plugged in, all LED's on the front light up as both green and amber at the same time, and more dim than they normally would have been in a single color.  There's also a slight electrical buzzing sound that I don't remember it making before.

It is not passing any packets through any switch port, and I cannot access the bootloader over serial.  No output/input in my terminal window.

Per other similar threads, below is a photo to showcase the LED's being all lit up while being clearly plugged into a wall outlet.

IMG_1448.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Boggart 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process multiple times, seems like management port on the Switch is not responding and the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Boggart 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Seems like you have selected an incorrect Serial Port number (COM) on the Putty application. Please check the device manager and enter the correct Serial Port Number and try again as described in Step 3 of the Software recovery guide. (Also, please refer to the below screenshots)

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

I assure you that I have selected the correct COM port.  The USB-C port on the 7150-C12P internally uses a CP210x USB to UART bridge, and this is the COM port that I have selected.

The "Intel Active Management Technology - SOL" port that you highlighted is actually for the Intel AMT on the CPU, and is not in any way related to the 7150-C12P.

In my specific case, the CP210x comes up as COM5 on my laptop, which is the COM port that I selected in PuTTY, as can be seen in the screenshot.

Hi @Boggart 

Thank you for the response.

Please note, the screenshots we share are just to help you as an example for the directions or path to get the required information. 

Please make sure, you have completed step 1 to configure your Computer’s IP address.

If you did, please unplug the Switch cables from your Laptop, power OFF and ON the Switch, wait for some time, and plug the cables back into your Laptop. And check the Device Manager after some time.

And please help us with a screenshot of the Device Manager showing the COM ports.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Okay, I have done as you asked.  I configured the network port on the laptop to IP 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0/192.168.0.2, but there was no change in the serial port responding to PuTTY.

Here is a screenshot showing that I am using the same COM port in PuTTY as is shown in Device Manager.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 202427_crop.png

Hi @Boggart 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the requested information.

Based on the troubleshooting done, you confirmed, and we saw that after the reset, booting up the Switch, and after trying the software recovery process multiple times, seems like management port on the Switch is not responding and the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the below steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again and we appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.