cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch out faulty ICX 7150-C12P unit? my unit is faulty due to weather?

horaceahenry
New Contributor

My ICX 7150-C12P unit has to replaced again due to power loss in the home. My R150 units are not receiving power "PoE" from the main switch. This has happened to me once already and is very frustrating. I have power cycled both the routers and the ICX, as well as reset (little reset button, hold 10 seconds while powering on) the ICX multiple times. What are the new steps to getting the unit switched out? Thank in advance? Also what are recommendations to prevent this in the future

34 REPLIES 34

ok, once I used the ones I had preset from the app I’m in, now I’m here. And boot primary does nothing. What’s next??

i was hoping 3 hours was enough but clearly not. the instructions, especially for mac are not straight forward. now i am trying to start from the beginning in terminal to access  the switch and its saying "resource busy; could not find PTY." any suggestions? 

Hi @horaceahenry 

My coworker have approved you the RMA for the unit, no sure why you're still trying to troubleshoot the unit, important as soon you receive the RMA unit, please upgrade to the code 08095g UFI, the file you need to use will be SPS08095gufi.bin, and upgrade both partitions primary and secondary.

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

How to upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home community

really? this can't be done before it is sent? this is a little ridiculous. with MAC, i didn't have to download all of those files and stuff. I have no clue how to do all this stuff. it took me near 4 hours just to try and get through the troubleshoot. is there a youtube video available? 

Hi @horaceahenry 

We cannot approve an RMA without troubleshooting, that is the purpose of the forum, my coworker guide to isolate the root cause of the issue, remember to copy and paste the RMA approval post in the chat with the RMA team, so they can proceed with the RMA.

Yarenis_0-1671744826943.png

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home community