cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch out faulty ICX 7150-C12P unit? my unit is faulty due to weather?

horaceahenry
New Contributor

My ICX 7150-C12P unit has to replaced again due to power loss in the home. My R150 units are not receiving power "PoE" from the main switch. This has happened to me once already and is very frustrating. I have power cycled both the routers and the ICX, as well as reset (little reset button, hold 10 seconds while powering on) the ICX multiple times. What are the new steps to getting the unit switched out? Thank in advance? Also what are recommendations to prevent this in the future

34 REPLIES 34

ok, so all of that just to get and RMA? well, i opened a ticket yesterday , case# 01418960, is that sufficient? 

Hi @horaceahenry 

Please share the link to them that you already have a post and got the RMA approval :

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-switch-out-faulty-ICX...

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

OK, case #01419209; a few questions below:

1. so they will follow up and send me a new device?

2. is there something, like an upgraded ICX switch, that can be given/purchased that will not have electrical issues like this in the future. This is twice i've had to replace a switch due to weather. 

3. if there are no way to stop this common issue, will this procedure have to be done every time? because this was a VERY long process. 

Hi @horaceahenry 

1-Once you update to them that you got the approval the RMA process will start ( is better to start the chat with them and gave them the update ) 

2-Based on the process the new switch will be running the correct version this will avoid future issues on the future. 

3- As a recommendation, it will be good to have a power protector or UPS to protect electrical devices like Ruckus ICX - 7150 C12P

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

Hi @horaceahenry 

No caps on 'admin' as username and for password capital R as Ruckus1 or Ruckus! or capital L for Lennar. Ty to use the same credentials you use for the unbound app or dashboard.

Passwords Recovery ICX-7150 C12P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJS28DWbHM4

https://support.purdi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360016495292-Ruckus-ICX-Password-Recovery-Resetting-a-Sw...

1.Start a CLI session over the serial ( console access) interface to the RUCKUS ICX device.

2-Enter OS mode. This uses a key combination and drops below the fastiron operating system

Key Combination: Ctrl+y, release, tap 'm', tap 'Enter'

OS>

4-just write reset

OS>reset

5-.While the system is booting, before the initial system prompt appears,
enter b to enter the boot monitor mode.

Enter 'b' to stop at boot monitor: 0

In this Part you have to press B before the counter ends

6-Enter no password. (You cannot abbreviate this command.)

ICX7650-Boot> no password
00 00 00 00
OK! Skip password check when the system is up.

7-Enter boot. This command causes the device to bypass the system password
check.

ICX7650-Boot> boot

8-After the console prompt reappears, assign a new password.

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez