cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize speed

Jdoherty
New Contributor

I have the Lennar Home Ruckus ICX7150 with 2 R320 APs. The firmware on my swichc and APS is up-to-date. Since I want to have more reliable WiFi in my home office, I really only need the whole system to connect to two laptops. My internet provider is AT&T Fiber 1G. 

Even though my master AP is much closer to my office than my ATT router, I actually have faster download/upload speeds on the router WiFi (and close to 1000 mgb/s when using an ethernet cable from my Ruckus to my laptops), but when I connect to my ruckus AP (with no other clients connected), the speed is worse than the ATT router WiFi signal.

Are there any settings that I can use to optimize the AP or WiFi settings on unleashed (the mobile app doesn't work on my iPhone, and I connect directly using the Ruckus IP) -- should I make it only 5 Hz, and then change the other settings or ....

Again I only want to optimize the system for speed for one or two devices (laptops). I am ok with not using it for anything else, I just cant have my Zoom meetings interrupted any longer.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Jdoherty 

Thanks for your response,

To solve this issue please try the physical factory reset of the access points and check the LED status of the access points.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As you have two Access Points (APs) in your house, please make sure you only keep the master AP ON and reset the same. Please go to the Ruckus Switch (located in the panel) and disconnect from its ports the Ethernet cables of the other Access Point, except the one that you are going to work with.

Please read the following guide carefully: 

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

No, I cannot do that. The APs are on the ceiling and I almost fell last time you asked me to do this. None of the instructions anywhere make it clear if the reset hole is to he left or right when looking from the back, and I cannot unlock it from the ceiling using the hole in the front. Also, you just had me do this.

my questions were in the previous replies above, but. An you please answer:

1. why are there three WLANs (two with the same name) /- is that normal because the one has not 2.4 and 5 Hz?

2. can changing the radio width make a difference?

3. What other settings can I adjust to make it a dedicated asap for my one to two laptops?

also, isn’t the AP screen shot saying that close to 900 mgb/s is coming out of the AP, and so the rest must be getting lost on the way? Wouldn’t adjusting the wave settings make the signal more able to travel to where I need it to go? 

Maybe @imran_ruckus has som advice?

Thank you  

?

Hi @Jdoherty 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you for the information you shared.

Below are answers to your queries:

1. why are there three WLANs (two with the same name) /- is that normal because the one has not 2.4 and 5 Hz?

- WLANs will be configured manually and they appear as per the configurations. 

2. can changing the radio width make a difference?

- Yes, you can try to create a new WLAN with using only a 5G Radio channel to avoid interference with 2.4G.

3. What other settings can I adjust to make it a dedicated asap for my one to two laptops?

- You can try to create a new WLAN with separate 2.4G and 5G Radio bands and check.

Please refer to the below links to create and new WLAN/SSID.

Creating a New Wireless WLAN (SSID):

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSl_8rs1QnU

Please check and let me know if that works. And let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Jdoherty
New Contributor

Than you for replying. Out of the 3 WLANs -- from my ATT mode/router, both radio from AP/Ruckus and just 5 Hz from AP/Ruckus, my fastest (upload, download and shortltency) is still the one from ATT and not either from Ruckus even though the AP is much closer to te computer.

1. Why?

2 Can I change the radio width or  characteristics to make this better?

Also, the only wat I can log into my Ruckus is through the IP name, Ruckus unleashed website and iPhone app don't seem to do anything -- what am I doing wrong?

Thank you!