cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruclus ICX7150-c12P wont boot up

sckoshe
New Contributor

When I power up only the SYST (yellow) light and the pwr (green) light is lit. I have done a hard reboot and total reset and nothing works. When I hold the reset button in and power up all the light flash once and the STST (yellow) light and the pwr (green) light stay on and when I release it does the same thing. What else can I try to get this to boot?

35 REPLIES 35

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Sckoshe

Thank you for reaching us.

• Could you let me know if you are from Lennar Homes ?
  • Could you upload the picture of front panel of the switch when powered on ? 

Take console access to the switch. Refer the below link which will help you with information about how to take console access to the switch.

Once you have console access try the below steps and share the outputs with us

• Reload the switch and keep pressing "b"
  • This will help you gain access to boot mode which will come up as "ICX7150_boot>" 
  • If you have access to boot mode once try to boot from secondary image using "boot_secondary" and check if the switch boots up

If the above methods don't help and you have access to boot mode try to do a software recover and check if that helps.

Below is the link about software recovery method:

Thanks 

Imran_ruckus

Hi @sckoshe 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch has a Yellow light on SYST and Green on PWR and its not booting up.

It means your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P is stuck in boot mode. 

Please refer to and follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help guide to troubleshoot and fix this issue.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please follow the above process and let me know if you need any help at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I was able to get into the switch using putty. was able to reload the flash, however it comes up as a router. at the switch command line it now says. "ICX7150-C12 ROUTER

dont know what to do now?

sckoshe_0-1706838358361.png