cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default login for ICX 7150 isn't working

BlowBoatTech
New Contributor

Ruckus, 

I received a RMA switch from you this week but I was able to connect both AP's to internet via the switch. On the Unleashed page it shows the switch is DISCONNECTED.  None of the default passwords work.  Even after I conducted a HARD RESET.  Please ADVISE!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BlowBoatTech 

Thank you for the update.

Please be advised that the username and password for both the Command Line Interface (CLI) and the Graphical User Interface (GUI) remain unchanged.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Sorry for the Test. I keep getting “Maximum flood limit” when trying to respond to you. 

So you are tracking, I’m directly connected to the switch with my Mac computer via Terminal. When is use the “screen /dev.. command, it asks me for login info. None of the many defaults work. 

Hi @BlowBoatTech 

Thank you for your response.

To assist with obtaining console access on a Mac, please refer to the following video:

Video on Console Access for Mac

Kindly disregard the drivers demonstrated in the video. Instead, please download and install the drivers listed below before accessing the switch via the Mac terminal:

Mac iOS System Solution:

Install the necessary drivers to enable communication with the switch (ICX-7150-C12P) using a USB Type-C to console cable.

Drivers:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran, in that video the man had to type in a user name/password for the switch to log into the switch. I’m at that point and none of the default passwords work. I’ve even conducted a Hard Reset of the switch using a paperclip. 

Wow, I’m in the switch. Super/sp-admin worked this time. It asked me to change the default password. So my question is when I connect the switch to the network and AP’s, is the password I just entered into the switch going to be the same password I will use to connect the switch with the GUI?