cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing new switch via IP address and password has failed | cannot access system through Ruckus ap

Pewbert1
New Contributor

After receiving my new Ruckus Swtich 7150 C12P I attempted to login through the IP address i found through IP scanner. When I attempted to login with standard passwords i was forbidden access. I cannot login to the switch or the ruckus app

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Pewbert1 

Thank you for your response and the update.

Please click on the "Forgot Password" option and attempt to recover your username and password.

If you are unable to recover your credentials, try logging into Unleashed using the default credentials provided below:

Please ensure to use capital letters where indicated, as these credentials are case-sensitive.

If you encounter any issues or have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hey Imran,

I tried all these and all of them failed to gain me access. I was sure to use capital letters where requested and tried other variations to them as well and none have worked.

Hi @Pewbert1 

Thank you for your response and the update.

If none of the usernames or passwords are working, the next step would be to perform a factory reset on the Access Points and reconfigure them with a new Wi-Fi network/SSID.

Please refer to the following RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base article for detailed instructions on performing a factory reset of the Access Points:

Factory Reset Process for RUCKUS R510 Access Points

Should you need any assistance during this process, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

I was able to factory reset the AP's and can now access the dashboard and my system through the app, however I am now concerned because the dashboard shows my switch as disconnected, and when I attempt to login to the switch using the new username and password I am unable to do so.icx switch connection failure.pngScreenshot 2024-09-11 085327.png

Hello @Pewbert1 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the information.

I would suggest you upgrade the firmware of the Switch since the Switch is on the older version.

Before proceeding with the upgrade, we would need to check few configurations of the switch.

Before we can help, we need to check which version the Switch is currently running.

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line”

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command

Enable

Show version

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.