cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access point is showing Red light at power option

krkogant
New Contributor

My access point suddenly went into red and stuck in red light event after disconnecting and reconnecting. any help can be appreciated

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @krkogant 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As it is not working, we may need to factory reset the AP. Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

In your case, you need to unplug the working Access Point Cable and factory reset with the Red light Access Point once it is reset, plug the other AP back to the Switch port.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using your Mobile:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-Unleashed-Set-up-usin...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

I have tried to do as you mentioned, unplugged working access point and connected faulty AP to the switch...still it is in red color. So i did a reset uisng a pin for 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 secs for three attemps but no change in the light color even after 5 minutes or 15 minutes after reset.

Can you advise next steps?

Thanks,

Venkat

Hi @krkogant 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the information.

Sometimes the Switch may require a hard reboot (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet). Also, Unplug and plug the ethernet cables from the Switch ports panel and plug them back again. Then check the Access Point light status.

If the above process doesn’t work,

Could you please try to log in to Unleashed on a web browser and share a screenshot with the information shown below?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi Imran,

here is the screenshot of the dashboard, it is showing as disconnected alway even i connect just one AP.

Access Points
Ap Name I MACLIP / SN
Summarv - 2 Access Points
Traffic
Upstairs[...24:b7:801
2.4C
Downstai...L...24:37:601
MAC Address
IP Address
Model
SIN
Version
34-20•03•24-37•66
raIn
200 13 6 1 319DashboardDashboard

Hi @krkogant 

Thank you for the response.

Could you please let me know if you tried a hard reboot of your ICX Switch (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet)?

If yes and it’s not working, please follow the below process.

As your non-working Access Point is under disconnected status on Unleashed even after unplugging it from the Switch panel.

Please follow the below steps.

1. Keep the Non-working Access Point (AP with a Red light) Unplugged from the Switch.

2. Select the Disconnected AP on the Unleashed and Remove it (please refer to the below screenshot).

3. Once you remove it from the Unleashed dashboard, connect the Unplugged Access Point back to the Switch port panel and check the light status and Unleashed dashboard.

Please confirm if it works and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi