cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router-interface command doesn't work (ICX 7450)

rahul_chakravar
New Contributor III

I've created a VLAN 10 and a Virtual Interface (ve 10). When I run the following command to put my ve in the Vlan, it errors out.

Command:

SSH@MYTESTSWITCH(config-vlan-10)#router-interface ve 10

Error:

Invalid input ->router-interface ve 10
Type ? for a list
Node doesn't exist

I only found one blog which mentions checking the firmware and my switch is running router firmware (SPR09010.bin) hence I'm out of ideas here now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kpfleming
New Contributor III

This command is no longer necessary in the 09.x firmware; every VLAN has a router interface created automatically. You should be able to use 'interface ve 10' to configure it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

kpfleming
New Contributor III

This command is no longer necessary in the 09.x firmware; every VLAN has a router interface created automatically. You should be able to use 'interface ve 10' to configure it.

rahul_chakravar
New Contributor III

Hey @kevin_fleming @Vesalius , thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

How do I verify that the linkage between my VLAN and ve is still there? Should I just assume it's there?

In earlier versions, when I ran show running-config, it had an entry under vlan 10 saying router-interface ve 10 but this version doesn't seem to have that entry anymore to indicate the linkage.

There is no 'linkage' to verify. If the interface exists, it is part of VLAN 10, there is no other option.

Thus, if 'interface ve 10' appears in your running-config, then you have a layer 3 interface in VLAN 10. If it does not appear, then you don't. It's really straightforward 🙂