cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading ICX7450 by using SCP to copy *to* switch

frnkblk
New Contributor III

I struggled earlier this week to upgrade an ICX7450 from 9.0 to 9.0.1c and one of the things that I tried, but did not work, was to use an scp client to copy the file *to* the switch.  For example,

scp SPR09010cufi.bin username@172.16.1.1:flash:sec:SPR9010cufi.bin

It's described here, too: https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-upgradeguide/page/GUID-C276A95F-9988-49A2-8159-9F18...

The file copies over ... but that it did was to create file in /home/username.

In lieu of the method described above, is there a spot to drop the file into the ICX where it will then be recognized as the primary or secondary?

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Engineering confirmed SCP is now only allowed from FastIron CLI. External push has been blocked. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I did get some initial response that starting with 9.x, we only allow SCP initiated from FastIron CLI. I am working to 100% confirm that and will let you know. 

Engineering confirmed SCP is now only allowed from FastIron CLI. External push has been blocked. 

frnkblk
New Contributor III

Thanks for getting that clarified!

MKH
New Contributor

Hi Ben, does this "improvement" also impact our ability to use SCP to copy the config file FROM the switch? (it appears to be stopping it)

Can you please provide some reasons from technical team why they would have made this change and can you please point me to the technical docs written by Ruckus confirming this is a change. Thanks Michael.