cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading ICX7450 by using SCP to copy *to* switch

frnkblk
New Contributor III

I struggled earlier this week to upgrade an ICX7450 from 9.0 to 9.0.1c and one of the things that I tried, but did not work, was to use an scp client to copy the file *to* the switch.  For example,

scp SPR09010cufi.bin username@172.16.1.1:flash:sec:SPR9010cufi.bin

It's described here, too: https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-upgradeguide/page/GUID-C276A95F-9988-49A2-8159-9F18...

The file copies over ... but that it did was to create file in /home/username.

In lieu of the method described above, is there a spot to drop the file into the ICX where it will then be recognized as the primary or secondary?

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Engineering confirmed SCP is now only allowed from FastIron CLI. External push has been blocked. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

BenBeck

Hey @frnkblk 

Did you try from FI CLI? It would be something like this:

copy scp flash <scp-serv-ip> SPR9010cufi.bin <primary/secondary>

*enter creds

I will give the SCP push option a shot in the lab. I have not done this on 9.x yet myself. 

frnkblk
New Contributor III

Yes, the "pull" option you described worked once I opened up our SSH/SCP server to accept connections from our router IP. 😀

Please share what you find out about the SCP push option -- thanks for being willing to try that in the lab.

Looks like a bug to me. I have gone ahead and filed a defect for it. Looks like scp push is working in 8095g, but failing in 9010c. 

frnkblk
New Contributor III

Thanks for replicating the issue and filing that defect.