cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P in router mode

rleschber
New Contributor

I am trying to get a replacement ICX 7150 switch to connect however, I believe it is in router mode instead of switch.  I have read the multiple threads on how to resolve this however, I cannot telnet in.  Can someone please walk me through how to resolve this?  I do not have technical experience with switches and how to telnet in so please make this as simple as possible.  Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Rleschber

Ack and Noted. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Could you please let me know if you are from Lennar Homes ? 

I have attached a link below that will help you to console to the switch and access switch CLI using putty . Follow the steps in case you are facing an issue . Please upload the picture of the image to this post . 

Link : 

Once you have access to switch using CLI. Please help us with below command. 

• Switch> enable
  • Switch#show run | include telnet 
  • Switch#show telnet config

If you facing any issue or seeing a error when you follow any steps in the link. Please upload the picture of the error using the below option 

Chandini_0-1682606064833.png

Also please upload the picture of front panel of the switch using the above option . 

Chandini_1-1682606064839.png

I hope the above steps help you. 

Thanks 

Hi, I was able finally telnet into the device and it appears both the primary and secondary code is router.  I do not see the switch code in either.  I do have a Lennar home.  How do I resolve this?  

Here is a screenshot.  

4AA43016-8492-4F14-94B8-3AF7244AA687.jpeg

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Rleschber

Ack and Noted. Thanks for reverting back. 

Below is the link to firmware 8095h : 

After downloading the firmware from above link 

• Unzip the folder 
  • Go to 7150 folder -> Images folder -> choose "SPS08095hufi.bin" for the upgrade methods given below

Refer below links to upgrade to SPS firmware 

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

How to upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP (YouTube link)

Software Recovery method 

I hope the above links help you. 

Thanks