cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inherited icx-7150 and two access points in new house (lennar). Need access to switch

ghostnet
New Contributor

So in my previous house I had a UDM Pro and two unifi access points. I was stoked to find out that there was this switch and two access points from ruckus in the house. However, I cannot login to the switch since it does not contain any of the default passwords.

I still am using my UDM Pro as the router, with the new ruckus switch connected to it. So here are some questions.

1. What do i need to do to
    - Gain access to ruckus web ui
    - Get ssh access, same login and pw?
2. I cannot see devices connecting to the access points from the unifi controller, so i really need to login to the switch and access points to look at the port profiles configured. Everything is on the same subnet as the udm pro. No seperate vlans right now to my knowledge.

3. Between the ruckus switch, and two ruckus APs. There must be no routing other than using the modem for the previous owner right?

4. I have been experiencing frequent disconnects like every 10 min or so, another reason why i need to gain access.

1 REPLY 1

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Ghostnet

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Below are answers to your questions. Please feel free to leave a post if any concerns. 

1. What do i need to do to
    - Gain access to ruckus web ui

Refer the 1st link to gain access to the switch : 

Refer the 2nd link for configuring Web access on the switch : 

- Get ssh access, same login and pw?

Refer the below link for setting SSH access : 

2. I cannot see devices connecting to the access points from the unifi controller, so i really need to login to the switch and access points to look at the port profiles configured. Everything is on the same subnet as the udm pro. No separate vlans right now to my knowledge.

To view and check the configuration details for connected devices at port level in the switch after logging in you can run the below commands: 

• Show run
  • Show lldp neighbor
  • Show int br 
  • Show arp 
  • Show mac-address 
  • Show ip

The above commands will help you to verify what devices are connected on which ports and their port level configuration. You will also be able to check other configuration details on the switch like vlans , ip address of the switch etc

3. Between the ruckus switch, and two ruckus APs. There must be no routing other than using the modem for the previous owner right?

Run "show version" if the firmware is a "SPS" it will be a switch firmware and will only run in Layer 2 and will not have any routing feature. 

4. I have been experiencing frequent disconnects like every 10 min or so, another reason why I need to gain access.

You can use the below commands to check about connectivity issue 

• Show logging 
  • Show logging | inc <port number of the uplink > // see if you notice any flaps 
  • Show interface e <port number of links where you have device connected> // check the interface counters 
  • Also check if at the time of issue you can ping the default gateway from the switch which is you uplink ip address in same network 

I hope the above details help you to isolate the issue you are facing 

Also for customers in Lennar Homes we have a separate community page 

Link : 

Thanks