cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WLANs automatically added to Default WLAN Group

jamie_lidster_6
New Contributor II
When creating a new WLAN, it seems to automatically add and enable it on the Default WLAN Group. Is there a way to stop this from happening? It has the potential to end up broadcasting SSIDs on APs unintentionally.

Running 9.7.0

Thanks
Jamie
9 REPLIES 9

Following my reply below, I've looked into this and it doesn't look like it's possible to pass a description to an AP via DHCP option. I can't see any other feasible way of easily setting a description to a large number of APs at the same time that are mixed up in the default AP group.

Can you advise how I'd go about raising a feature request please?

Thanks
Jamie

FR are usually raised through SE/Sales/Account team. If you do not know who that is let me know.

jamie_lidster_6
New Contributor II
Hi Sid,

Thanks for the information. How is a description formed? Is it possible to give an AP it's description via dhcp option?

Thanks
Jamie

jelle_alten_606
Contributor
Hi Jamie,

I'm working on an iPhone/iPad app that makes it easier for us to do minor quick tasks on the ZD, like moving APs to different groups, viewing wlans/-groups, aps and apgroups and there relationships, changing wlan ssids etc.

Your case might be an interesting one to add to the app.
Would you be interested in becoming a tester of the app and see if I can help you that way?

Basically what I'm thinking about is creating what I'd call "smart groups", where APs will automagically be moved to groups based on certain criteria.

Jelle

jamie_lidster_6
New Contributor II
Hi Jelle,

The app certainly sounds useful! I'm not sure I'd be able to test it for you I'm afraid - I can't imagine I'd get approval from the higher ups, based on risk management.

I'm interested to see how it turns out though. Sorry I can't test for you.

Jamie