cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify DPSK passphrase instead of randomly generating it

louis
New Contributor III

I would like to create DPSKs with specific passphrases in the internal database of my Unleashed R850. I cannot use the passphrases randomly assigned by the DPSK batch generation tool. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a way to specify the passphrase to use when creating a DPSK. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

louis
New Contributor III

It looks like this can't be done using Unleashed at this time.

I found the exact equivalent feature I am looking for documented here, SmartZone Administrator Guide, 5.2.1 - Importing Dynamic PSKs.

Image_ images_messages_60896fd5f5cc1541df881ac1_58f814f50dafffd9ab1f5043e7c15af7_smartzone_dpsk_import_sample-79c326a5-8f8a-4b52-b197-8ddc581bb424-460886958.png

I tried following these instructions on Unleashed, but the only undocumented part I could verify works is the VLAN ID. The rest I could not get to work, including the passphrase.

I've been evaluating Ruckus Unleashed for a site requiring 15 access points. Sadly, this is the only feature missing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Louis,

Below are the only available option when you create DPSK (batch).

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

louis
New Contributor III

Hi @syamantak_omer

I am familiar with the DPSK sample profile and the absence of a passphrase in it, but I was hoping maybe there was another way I just hadn't found yet.

Are you implying this is the only way to create DPSKs and therefore it is not possible to specify the passphrase used when creating a DPSK?

Thanks for your reply.

louis
New Contributor III

It looks like this can't be done using Unleashed at this time.

I found the exact equivalent feature I am looking for documented here, SmartZone Administrator Guide, 5.2.1 - Importing Dynamic PSKs.

Image_ images_messages_60896fd5f5cc1541df881ac1_58f814f50dafffd9ab1f5043e7c15af7_smartzone_dpsk_import_sample-79c326a5-8f8a-4b52-b197-8ddc581bb424-460886958.png

I tried following these instructions on Unleashed, but the only undocumented part I could verify works is the VLAN ID. The rest I could not get to work, including the passphrase.

I've been evaluating Ruckus Unleashed for a site requiring 15 access points. Sadly, this is the only feature missing.