cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ issues after deployment - Wireless Latency

gus_faulk
New Contributor
I
recently deployed a vSZ controller appliance at work.  I also have deployed thirteen R650 access points.  This system replaced a Zone Director physical appliance and five R500 access points.  The old system worked fine without issue.  Users were able to access their Horizon View desktops without any problems and other systems needed to perform their jobs. Since installing the vSZ with the R650 access points, users are getting disconnected from their Horizon View sessions constantly or are freezing from 20 to 30 seconds at a time. The issue seems to be related to wireless latency at the AP.  At any given time 4-6 of the R650s are flagged with wireless latency problems.  At times as high as 2000-3000ms.  The RSSI signal strengths also seemed to be a little higher with the new system than they were on the old.  I have an open ticket on my work account and was told that I needed more APs deployed to increase signal strength which should resolve the high wireless latency.  I temporarily installed more APs and the wireless latency issues still persist.  The wireless latency issues are present during the day and at night.  Max device count on the wireless networks during the day is approximate 80 devices.  It seems to resolve temporary if I restart the APs, but comes back shortly after reboot.  I am running current firmware on the vSZ and the R650 APs.  I have even wondered if it is a firmware issue causing the problem.  Has anyone else had these issues with high wireless latency.  The vSZ is configured in single NIC setup and the APs are on the same VLAN as the controller.  I also setup the new system as close as possible to the old system.  The vSZ is running on ESXi 6.7 connected to a shared vSwitch. Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Gus,

Is it just "Horizon View desktops" facing this issue or all the clients at site.

What is the controller version and AP version in use?

Was there a case opened with the support, to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

louie_penning
New Contributor

I am having an identical problem. Were you able to correct the issue?