cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ controller shows all AP's offline

Goliath_00
New Contributor II

HI There

I have this issue on our vSZ controller where all the AP's shows offline and randomly some AP's will show online and then after a refresh show offline again.

What confuses me is that its all 4 sites that connects to the one vSZ controller.

I can log into the controller, ping the controller, ping the gateway, ping all the AP's that is on the seperate sites, ping the the internet so i have breakout and all the interfaces status is UP on the switches.

So can anyone assist me in where i need to look to solve this?

Is it possible to reboot a vSZ controller?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Vineet

So thanx for all the assistance you offered thus far. But we found our problem concerning the AP's showing offline on the vSZ controller. The problem persisted on the Azure cloud services side where someone changed policies and blocked the ports what the AP's and controller use to communicate with.

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

The issue is not specific to the code though Yes post we resolve this I will recommend and suggest to upgrade to either 5.2.2 build 1563 or 6.1.0. Next action would be to provide the AP output I had requested to further isolate please.

Best Regards

Vineet

Hi Vineet

Since all the config gets pushed from the controller to the AP, it seems i cant access the AP's remotely cause the password changed.

So i can log onto the AP's via the web GUI but cant log into the AP itself.

So i cant get you the "get scg" outputs on the AP's.

To go to site and default the AP to be able to log into the device will be irrelevant then to the issue.

So i guess to attempt the software upgrade on the controller might be my first step here.

@Goliath_00 

The password for the APs are different from controller password and are set inside AP zones. Even if the APs are not connecting to the controller the password would remain the same. Please do let me know the current status so that I can assist accordingly.

Best Regards

Vineet

Hi Vineet

So thanx for all the assistance you offered thus far. But we found our problem concerning the AP's showing offline on the vSZ controller. The problem persisted on the Azure cloud services side where someone changed policies and blocked the ports what the AP's and controller use to communicate with.

Kind Regards

Hi @Goliath_00 

Glad the issue has been identified and resolved. I would still suggest and recommend to upgrade  to either 5.2.2 build 1563 or 6.1.0.

Best Regards

Vineet